New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

SqueezeServer 7.4

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
MaverikCH

SqueezeServer 7.4

Post by MaverikCH »

Hi there Logitec sent following lines:

Important news: Squeezebox Software and SqueezeNetwork

You'll notice we've made some significant changes to SqueezeNetwork and to SqueezeCenter with the latest 7.4 software update.

Here's what changed:
SqueezeNetwork is now called mysqueezebox .com.

Now you add Music Services by visiting the App Gallery, and manage your accounts by visiting My Apps.

The software now uses a simplified control panel interface to manage your personal music collection. Select My Music from the mysqueezebox .com website to download the new Squeezebox Server software.
SqueezeCenter is now called Squeezebox Server.

The software now uses a simplified control panel interface to manage your personal music collection. Select My Music from the mysqueezebox .com website to download the new Squeezebox Server software.
Some menus have changed on your player:

* The Music Services category has been replaced by App Gallery.
* Music Library has been replaced by My Apps for Music Services, and has been replaced by My Music for your personal music collection.
* Duet users no longer need to switch between SqueezeNetwork and SqueezeCenter to listen to their personal music collection. To listen to your personal music collection select My Music from the home menu.
* The items in the Extras menu have been integrated into the App Gallery.
* The items in the More Radio menu have been integrated into the App Gallery.
* The item in the Music Stores menu have been integrated into the App Gallery.

Rock on!

The Squeezebox Team
--------------------------

When you have planned this upgrade on BubbaTwo?
mad

Re: SqueezeServer 7.4

Post by mad »

Its available in the unstable tree, seems to be working rather well for me so far.
carl

Post by carl »

mad wrote:Its available in the unstable tree, seems to be working rather well for me so far.
Yea, we are working on an upgrade, and will hopefully release it this week; We had some discussion if we should rename the package to squeezeboxserver, but we will stick with squeezecenter in the mean time as namechanging transition is a pita.
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
tor

Post by tor »

Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
Gertz

Post by Gertz »

Oops,

There was a problem with the scanner after installing Squeezeserver 7.5 to support my Squeeze Radio.
The scanner crashed after scanning the first mp3 file. After that I get the following error in my scanner log.

[09-10-18 20:14:41.1889] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (82) Error: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'me.primary_artist' in 'field list' [for Statement "SELECT me.id, me.url, me.content_type, me.title, me.titlesort, me.titlesearch, me.album, me.primary_artist, me.tracknum, me.timestamp, me.filesize, me.disc, me.remote, me.audio, me.audio_size, me.audio_offset, me.year, me.secs, me.cover, me.vbr_scale, me.bitrate, me.samplerate, me.samplesize, me.channels, me.block_alignment, me.endian, me.bpm, me.tagversion, me.drm, me.musicmagic_mixable, me.musicbrainz_id, me.lossless, me.lyrics, me.replay_gain, me.replay_peak, me.extid FROM tracks me WHERE ( content_type IN ( ? ) ) ORDER BY titlesort" with ParamValues: 0='ssp'] at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 86
[09-10-18 20:14:41.1993] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (82) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 82)
frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 562)
frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::dbh_do (/usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI/Cursor.pm line 136)
frame 3: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Cursor::all (/usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm line 1430)
frame 4: DBIx::Class::ResultSet::all (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/ResultSet/Playlist.pm line 118)
frame 5: Slim::Schema::ResultSet::Playlist::getPlaylists (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/Alarm.pm line 1713)
frame 6: Slim::Utils::Alarm::getPlaylists (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Web/Settings/Player/Alarm.pm line 114)
frame 7: Slim::Web::Settings::Player::Alarm::handler (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 1107)
frame 8: Slim::Web::HTTP::generateHTTPResponse (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 913)
frame 9: Slim::Web::HTTP::processURL (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 724)
frame 10: Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 133)
frame 11: (eval) (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 119)
frame 12: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 177)
frame 13: (eval) (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 177)
frame 14: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 620)
frame 15: main::idle (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 574)
frame 16: main::main (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 1103)

Please help,

with regards

Gert Zwaan
carl

Post by carl »

Above error indicates something has gone wrong with the update; Have you had any problems before upgrading the system? If so, could you, via SSH issue the command "dpkg -l | grep -v ^ii" and post it here?

/Carl
support@excito.com
Gertz

Post by Gertz »

Hi Carl,

Thank you for you're reaction. If have excuted the command. Here is the response.

| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Description
+++-================================-====================================-============================================

with regards,

Gert Zwaan
citro

Post by citro »

And now there is a 7.4.1 version out :-P
vrep

Post by vrep »

I've got the same problem:

Unknown column 'me.primary_artist' in 'field list'

Could it be that while I upgraded to SqueezeBox 7.4.0 my MySQL root password was set (i.e. not the default without a password)? How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Vrep
vrep

Post by vrep »

Solved my own problem :D

It seems that the installation of SBS 7.4 needs to add this column, but the installation doesn't fail if this can't be done. For instance, when the database cannot be accessed.

So, what did I do? I ran the following scripts in my squeezeserver database:
/usr/share/squeezecenter/SQL/mysql/schema_9_up.sql
/usr/share/squeezecenter/SQL/mysql/schema_10_up.sql

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE tracks ADD primary_artist int(10);
ALTER TABLE tracks ADD INDEX (`primary_artist`);

--
-- Table: playlist_track
--
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS playlist_track;
CREATE TABLE playlist_track (
  id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  position  int(10) unsigned,
  playlist  int(10) unsigned,
  track  text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (id),
  INDEX positionIndex (position),
  INDEX playlistIndex (playlist),
  FOREIGN KEY (`playlist`) REFERENCES `tracks` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE
) TYPE=InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
Hopefully this helps someone out there with the same problem.

And now on to install 7.4.1 ...
-Vrep
carl

Post by carl »

vrep wrote:Solved my own problem :D

It seems that the installation of SBS 7.4 needs to add this column, but the installation doesn't fail if this can't be done. For instance, when the database cannot be accessed.

So, what did I do? I ran the following scripts in my squeezeserver database:
/usr/share/squeezecenter/SQL/mysql/schema_9_up.sql
/usr/share/squeezecenter/SQL/mysql/schema_10_up.sql

ALTER TABLE tracks ADD primary_artist int(10);
ALTER TABLE tracks ADD INDEX (`primary_artist`);

--
-- Table: playlist_track
--
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS playlist_track;
CREATE TABLE playlist_track (
  id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  position  int(10) unsigned,
  playlist  int(10) unsigned,
  track  text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (id),
  INDEX positionIndex (position),
  INDEX playlistIndex (playlist),
  FOREIGN KEY (`playlist`) REFERENCES `tracks` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE
) TYPE=InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
Hopefully this helps someone out there with the same problem.

And now on to install 7.4.1 ...
-Vrep
This sounds both strange and bad; On upgrade, the file /usr/share/dbconfig-common/data/squeezecenter/upgrade/mysql/7.4.0 should be executed by mysql and upgrade the database; I've been testing upgrading both from 1.2 and 1.2.1 without any hickups, but I'm sorry if I've missed some use case scenario. For example I've not tested upgrading with any extensive music collection activated, most one album I've had active during tests.
support@excito.com
Gertz

Post by Gertz »

Executing the two scripts fixed my problem. Maybe the upgrade of a large music collection did cause the problem. Now hoping for a quick release of 7.4.1 on Bubba. The old 7.4 has some annoying bugs in the player firmware for the newer players.

thanx

with regards

Gert
Gertz

Post by Gertz »

Is it possible to enable the handheld skin (e.g. http://serverhostname:9000/handheld)?
This feature is normaly installed by default but is not working on B2.

with regards
Gert
carl

Post by carl »

Gertz wrote:Is it possible to enable the handheld skin (e.g. http://serverhostname:9000/handheld)?
This feature is normaly installed by default but is not working on B2.

with regards
Gert
All other skins I've put into the package squeezecenter-skins, I hope this is ok with you, otherwise I could reintegrate it with the main package at next release 7.4.1

/Carl
support@excito.com