New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Easyfind

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
WimS

Easyfind

Post by WimS »

Hi,

Just got my bubba2 and it was working in a few minutes, looking good! During the installation (I have B2 working as a router/server/firewall) I did setup Easyfind with the name scholtes. Worked fine when going to http://scholtes.bubbaserver.com I reached my bubba2 server (default webpage). I had a parked domain (scholtes.name) and I had my provider change the DNS to point it to scholtes.bubbaserver.com but...... it does not work :( . When going to scholtes.name I don't reach my own bubba2 but an directory with some files (see the image). Is this a directory of the bubbaserver.com machine? What's going wrong?

Greetings...
Wim
(who is also trying to get phpmyadmin working but I am a really newbe on Linux, the howto did not work although I figured out how to get to the command line of my bubba2 :lol: )
bubba.jpg
bubba.jpg (76.83 KiB) Viewed 8935 times
Xet

Re: Easyfind

Post by Xet »

I don't have any good answer to your problem regarding the webserver besides the fact that the 2 names points to 2 different IP-addresses. The second one, scholtes.name, is not your Bubba. That is, from what I can tell, one of Excitos servers.
Easyfind is not a DNS...

BTW, I have sent you a private message. Please read it when you get the time...
WimS

Post by WimS »

@xet: thanks for your PM. Did cost me a few hours of searching and 'hacking' though :lol:

Greetings...
Wim
WimS

Post by WimS »

Problem 'solved'. Easyfind is not completely the same as something like dyndns.org, which I use now and works like expected.
yure

Post by yure »

Does easyfind work? our bubba says this network doesn't exist and cannot add a new name.
asparak

Post by asparak »

Easyfind works fine, but don't rely on it for anything other than HTTP (port 80) traffic. It is more of a URL redirect for free, rather than a proper DNS service.