New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Mediatomb config.xml unreadable

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Livdragon

Mediatomb config.xml unreadable

Post by Livdragon »

Hi. Just new for the forum and so with my Bubba|Two device :)
Have been doing a bit of research considering the DLNA-support for my new Samsung tv. Finally worked it out by adding some lines and so on in the mediatomb config.

After a few more tweaks (trying to get subs to work) my config.xml was unreadable and I just got a login-page in the web ui :?

The log says:
"INFO: Loading configuration from: /etc/mediatomb/config.xml
ERROR: read_text_file: could not open /etc/mediatomb/config.xml : Permission denied"

Anyone familiar with this and know how to solve it? I'm not very talented in using unix-commands neither which makes me a bit unsure, since I don't want to end up in a total restore.
Thanks for any help!
mcg

Re: Mediatomb config.xml unreadable

Post by mcg »

Try this:

chmod a+rx /etc/mediatomb
chmod a+r /etc/mediatomb/config.xml

That's overkill but it probably ought to help. If that doesn't work or you get a "permission denied" here, try doing it as root.
carl

Post by carl »

On a note, we have tried two other upnp/dlna servers for eventual replacement.
We first tried "fuppes", which first looked promising, but after some testing we noticed it would for example crash if stopping playback from an PS3(?).
We've also tested "minidlna" which actually worked fine on both xbox360 and PS3. Unless the xbox360 compat mode for mediatomb gets working we will probably replace it with minidlna in next release. (The only problem with minidlna is that it's written by netgear employee)

And yea, you can find both fuppes and minidlna in claire.
/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

carl wrote:The only problem with minidlna is that it's written by netgear employee
Just out of interest, why is that a problem?
carl

Post by carl »

RandomUsername wrote:
carl wrote:The only problem with minidlna is that it's written by netgear employee
Sorry, I typed wrongly there, what I meant is that it's developed by a single netgear developer, i.e. there lacks some community and multiple developers.
support@excito.com
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

carl wrote:
RandomUsername wrote:
Sorry, I typed wrongly there, what I meant is that it's developed by a single netgear developer, i.e. there lacks some community and multiple developers.
Ah I see. That makes more sense :)
carl

Post by carl »

RandomUsername wrote:
carl wrote:
RandomUsername wrote:
Ah I see. That makes more sense :)
Hehe, no problem,

actually minidlna works pretty nice, except some minor bugs (default web link points in strange directions). The package in claire ships with default config so if you want to test it you need to modify the config manually.
support@excito.com
Livdragon

Post by Livdragon »

mcg wrote:Try this:

chmod a+rx /etc/mediatomb
chmod a+r /etc/mediatomb/config.xml

That's overkill but it probably ought to help. If that doesn't work or you get a "permission denied" here, try doing it as root.
This worked after my first try! Much appreciated! :D