New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba2 not reporting correct external disk size.

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
kfudd

Bubba2 not reporting correct external disk size.

Post by kfudd »

Hello,

I noticed from my Windows 7 PC that a network disk linked to my external 200gig hard disk does not report the correct disk size. I see the disk size of the internal 80gig disk. This is a little bit of a problem when trying to use the external disk for a backup as I keep getting reports of "not enough disk space" when the disk infact still has more than 50gb free.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- Kris
RandomUsername

Re: Bubba2 not reporting correct external disk size.

Post by RandomUsername »

What size is it reporting? Are you falling for the old gigabytes being reported in decimal instead of binary problem?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigabyte#C ... _confusion
kfudd

Post by kfudd »

Check out this screen shot:

http://sirk.sytes.net/public/WrongDiskSize.png

The E: in the screen shot refers to my external disk attached to the Bubba2 via the e-sata port.
It is a 200gig disk, but it is seen as the same size disk inside my Bubba. So if I try to run a backup, 24gig is not enough space, even though the external disk has more than 70gig free.

Any ideas?
kfudd

Post by kfudd »

ttt

Anyone have any idea on this? Or is this just the way Sambe works?

Thanks!
kfudd

Post by kfudd »

Got an easy work around from PA on this if anyone else is experiencing this problem. :)

Thanks Exctio!