New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

external access to bubba

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Flyingdancer

external access to bubba

Post by Flyingdancer »

I've got a Dlink dsl-2640r connected to a gigabit switch connected to my lan (bubba and PCs)

I have a ddns service with which I can remotely access my router and pcs, but not the bubba (although it used to be fine with https://)

I use the bubba for a mail server (spent weeks on it until I gave up and a week or so later the mail server just started fetching mail !)

I have 'Allow WWW from WAN' checked on the Bubba, port 443 is forwarded on the router. I can point 443 at a pc and tools on the pc tell me the port is open.

Now I've run out of ideas! How do I get through to the bubba?
HeSitated

Re: external access to bubba

Post by HeSitated »

Flyingdancer wrote:I have a ddns service with which I can remotely access my router and pcs, but not the bubba (although it used to be fine with https://)
So you have configured the B2 as server, not as router?
I have 'Allow WWW from WAN' checked on the Bubba, port 443 is forwarded on the router. I can point 443 at a pc and tools on the pc tell me the port is open.
Then this is only ment for B2 in router mode!
Now I've run out of ideas! How do I get through to the bubba?
Which port on your B2 is connected to your router? (It should be LAN.)

Now determine the IPAddress of your B2, go into the firewall of your router and make a forward rule to your B2 on port 443.

That is all you have to do. :)
Flyingdancer

Post by Flyingdancer »

Thanks for the reply.

I had the B2 in custom mode for a fixed IP. I've changed that to server and fixed the IP via the router.

Under network-firewall I have ports 22, 80, 443, 143 and 993 open on the B2. 8, 25, 10000-14000 are closed.

I changed the port forwarding on the router for ports 22,25 and 443 from the old static IP for the B2 to the new static IP address.

But zero. And it used to work!
johannes

Post by johannes »

Since you use the Dlink as router, put your B2 in server mode (or custom with a fixed IP, should also work). Then connect the LAN port (note: LAN, not WAN) to your home LAN. Then the internal firewall of bubba is disabled, it only operates on the WAN port.

Now these services are available on your LAN. In order to reach stuff from the internet you need to open corresponding ports in your Dlink.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)