New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

IMAP stopped working after software update

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
R. Schreurs

IMAP stopped working after software update

Post by R. Schreurs »

I have a problem with reading e-mail with the Thunderbird e-mail client from the IMAP server on my bubba TWO.

It has been working fine during the 3 months I have been using my bubba, until last sunday, after I had performed an software update on bubba TWO.

At this moment:
1. New e-mail is not seen by Thunderbird
2. Sent e-mails cannot be stored in the Sent mail folder.
3. Draft e-mail cannot be stored in the Draft mail folder.

Mails are send to the SMTP server of my ISP and this works fine. Mails is also retrieved correctly by bubba from various POP3 servers. I can read these e-mails using webmail on bubba.

I have tried to set-up new accounts in Thunderbird, but these do not function as well. I have followed the instructions on http://download.excito.net/web/BubbaTwo ... erver.html, with the observation that under "Security Settings" I cannot choose "SSL" as indicated, but "SSL/TLS" and "STARTTLS". I have tried both.

I must a Macintosh iBook with the OS X Mail program I am also using, can access the IMAP server correctly. This problem thus seems a conflict between Thunderbird and bubba.

This is the version info of bubba:
Package name Package version
bubba-frontend 1.3.1
bubba-backend 1.3.3
bubba-album 1.3.0
filetransferdaemon 0.50.19+b3
squeezecenter 7.4.1.dfsg1-6
Update system reports "No upgrades available".

Thunderbird's version is 3.0.4.