New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba does not show in Itunes permanently?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
rdaneel

Bubba does not show in Itunes permanently?

Post by rdaneel »

Hi all,

My Itunes can't find the bubba TWO. After a reboot (shutdown -r now)
bubba shows up for a short while again in itunes.
only to disappear again after a while.
whatever i try bubba just won't show up permanently in my itunes.
I opened port 3689 in the firewall, tried songbird (can't find it either), bubba just does not show up.
The daap server web interface (http://192.168.0.99:3689) tells me its running fine . so i'm at a loss here.
anyone any ideas?

rdg

PS i'm on OSX 10.6 could it be the daap server crashes on a specific file? if so can one tell that from the web interface?
zander

Re: Bubba does not show in Itunes permanently?

Post by zander »

you have to tell itunes where to find itunes.

in itunes go to Edit>Preference>Advanced and then set the location of the itunes media folder to the directory on your bubba where the itunes folder is. and then select okay.
~alonzo...
rdaneel

Post by rdaneel »

Hi Zander,

thanks for the reply but i don't think thats the solution. it kind of defeats the purpose of the DAAP server :)
Itunes finds the Firefly/Bubba fine... it just crashes now and then for no reason and wont come back up until i restart BUBBA. even a restart of the daap server won't help then
zander

Post by zander »

you may be correct i have never used the DAAP server.

but i store my entire itunes library on my bubba and stream it to a vista laptop to listen to it simply by changing the location of the itunes media floder to bubba on the laptop i listen on.

i don't know anything about the daap server :)
~alonzo...