New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

BUBBA | 2 - WIFI

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
mike_nl

BUBBA | 2 - WIFI

Post by mike_nl »

Hi guys from excito,

i use my bubba two now for a longer time and i had done some wifi card tests some time ago. By this tests i have seen which sound cards i can use. That was fantastic, because the bubba plays now music since some month.

But...my question is:
Can i update my bubba 2 with my own wifi card (MS stuff cards from IBM laptops (Lenovo)). Because this will be very cool to have wifi on the B2. Possible there is a solutuion for that.

These cards are running very well on the little WRAP boards from PCEngines

-mike
asparak

Re: BUBBA | 2 - WIFI

Post by asparak »

Hi Mike,

The simple answer would be yes you can in theory. In fact somebody did it a while ago and reported their results in the forums. As long as your wifi card is the right type to fit the socket on the board and is supported by Linux it should work, but I doubt Excito would support you very much if things go wrong.

Rik
mike_nl

Re: BUBBA | 2 - WIFI

Post by mike_nl »

Hi Rik,

1st of all thanks for the answer. And yes my WiFi crad is supported by linux. You know the project from http://www.fli4l.de? With this system the cards are running. I have more then one of them and i hope i can manage it and then i will report here. But there is no time at all in the moment. I am very busy with windows mobile stuff on xda-developers in different beta teams. So this have to wait until my 3 free weeks this year :) .

And i know that the guys from excito give a very good support. I use my bubba for different things and have mannaged so many carzy stuff on this little and wonderfull system.

The next step is build all of LEGO. 1st for the bubba and then for the two 1gb sata drives. All in LEGO, uff what a task. But after the 1st tests it looks good. BTW: all stones are black ;-) and the housing will be a little bit bigger but that is OK for me. Then it is a show object :wink: . I am crazy i know that :lol: