New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Squeezebox Server 7.5.0 music scan fails

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
gilesdring

Squeezebox Server 7.5.0 music scan fails

Post by gilesdring »

I'm having some difficulties with the squeezecenter installed on the Bubba Two (I'm on v7.5.0 - rTRUNK @ UNKNOWN). It seems to get to a point in the music scan (about 4500 tracks in out of a total of 9500), and fails, throwing an error message saying
Music scan terminated unexpectedly (Directory Scan)
If I restart the scan, it doesn't make any more progress. I've tried the same music library mounted on an Ubuntu machine running the .deb packaged version of Squeezebox Server (Version: 7.5.0 - r30464 @ Thu Apr 1 05:20:51 PDT 2010), which completed successfully, so it would appear not to be the music files or directory permissions. I've since uninstalled and reinstalled (several times), and am currently in the process of rescanning. Not hopeful that it'll work, so I wondered if anyone has any experience of this issue, and more importantly, any experience of fixing it...
eds_oyo

Re: Squeezebox Server 7.5.0 music scan fails

Post by eds_oyo »

I've heard about this error before. Allthough not on Bubba. From what i remember, this was a bug, and "fixed" by rolling back to Squeezebox Server 7.3.
Binkem

Re: Squeezebox Server 7.5.0 music scan fails

Post by Binkem »

It is a bug in the squeezecenter 7.5 software. The scan fails when encounetering corrupt (?) id3 tags.

There's more in this topic.
http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2300

If your collection isn't too big you may work around it by finding which songs have tags which make Squeezecenter crash and then rewriting the tags using a program like MP3tag

Martijn