New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba Two WiFi issue

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
dmpop

Bubba Two WiFi issue

Post by dmpop »

Hello,

I set up my Bubba Two WiFi as a WiFi router, so all devices in my household connect to the Web through it. The setup works like a charm with Windows and Linux machines as well as an iPod Touch, but I'm having connection issues with my Android phones running Android 1.6 and Android 2.1. They regularly lose WiFi connection, and I have to reconnect them by turning the phones' WiFi off an on. I realize that this is a rather esoteric problem, but I'd be grateful for any pointers or suggestions what causes this issue and it can be fixed. Thank you!
asparak

Re: Bubba Two WiFi issue

Post by asparak »

What mode are you running in? I know of other people having issues with phone reception and results vary depending on how your house is built, but personally I find legacy mode works best for my phones
dmpop

Post by dmpop »

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for being dense, but what do you mean by "mode"?
asparak

Post by asparak »

How is your Wifi configured on the Bubba?
dmpop

Post by dmpop »

Here is a screenshot of my WiFi settings:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/scrnshots.com/s ... ome_001png
eds_oyo

Post by eds_oyo »

How is the reception? is the signal strong enough?
Plutus1975

Post by Plutus1975 »

Hi, got a similar problem with iPhone where the wireless lan is gone.
After resetting the w-lan interface(disable/enable) it pops back up.
Will check this on a laptop when the w-lan disappears to see if this problem is Apple or Bubba related.

My setup: (w-lan)
wpa tkip 1 (changed it to this instead of dual mode to see if it would solve my problem, but no)
fixed channel 6
ssid with letters and numbers only, no spaces either

The signal is quite weak, getting beatween -69 to -55 dBm no more than 10 m from the antenna. My old ap (old model and make I cant even remember was beatween -50 to -30)
Anyone else experienced this? Like the product but afraid the w-lan will have to be disabled and be changed for something with better signal and stability.
eds_oyo

Post by eds_oyo »

I bought two 7dbi wifi-antennas of ebay. Cost me only 3 usd with shipping. They are quite large, about 20cm long, but the signal is great. :)
Plutus1975

Post by Plutus1975 »

After the last upgrade/patch I reconfigured the W-lan to 40Mhz cahnnel width(new feature) and this helped a great deal with the signal strenght, both stability and reach.
It even looks like the problem where the w-lan just disappeared from the iPhone has been fixed as well.(Dunno what solved that problem but I havent lost the w-lan since my last post.) :D
dmpop

Post by dmpop »

Thanks Plutus1975! I'll definitely give this a try.