New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

No temp displayed with BubbaMon!

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Harry

No temp displayed with BubbaMon!

Post by Harry »

I cant seem to get any temp values from BubbaMon.
All other info like: uptime, version, partitions etc. is displayed and seems to be correct, but the temperatures is reported as: sda N/A (Not applicable/Not available)
Nowadays BubbaMon and B2 works together directly "from out of the box" and no configuration seems to be necessary, well maybe I had to enter B2's IP address in BubbaMon's configuration window, not sure.

My BubbaMon is the latest version and B2 is also patched with the latest software.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cheers, Harry
christian.einarsson

Re: No temp displayed with BubbaMon!

Post by christian.einarsson »

Don't know i if this will help you but I had problems with stats in bubbamon some time ago. This post helped me http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 948#p10948.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Thanks for You replay!

I actually stumbled on that thread myself soon after starting this thread.
I guess that it is the only way to proceed right now, and as soon as I got some spare time over I at least will try to.
Since no "a proper fix" is available now(more than six months after it first occurred) and it has obviously affected more user than just me, I guess that waiting for a "fix" is pointless.

/Harry
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi Harry,

You write everything but the temperature is working, which make me think this is a different problem, or you wouldn't get any disk information at all and bubbamon would reconnect over and over again.

Are you sure hddtemp is installed on your bubba? What is the output if you log on to your bubba, become root and issue:

Code: Select all

hddtemp /dev/sda
As for the proper fix, I'm still waiting for Excito. Guess they've been busy with the new B3.

/Johan
Harry

Post by Harry »

Hi Johan!

I get all the info except the temperature.
I haven't configured downloads so it says "configure BubbaMon!" which is logic.

No, I am not sure that hddtemp is installed on my bubba.
However, I am pretty sure that no installation is necessary according to the instructions at http://stenarson.homeip.net/the_void/in ... a/firefox/

Copyed from that page:

"Installation hddtemp
If you own the newer version (BUBBA|two), then you can skip to next section.

If you own a BUBBA|server and you want to monitor harddisk temperature, then you need to install hddtemp and a help script on your bubba. I will not go into how to install hddtemp................"

However: when entering Your suggested command, the return was:

-bash: hddtemp: command not found

So I will try to install it after all.
Last edited by Harry on 07 Oct 2010, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Harry

Post by Harry »

43° :D

Thank You Johan!

I guess that the instructions on the BubbaMon homepage are inaccurate..

Cheers Harry
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Did you not have it installed then? That's strange as it was installed on my B2 be default.
Harry

Post by Harry »

I cant really tell, but when trying to install the package a second time, a message says that the packages is already installed, and that did not happen the first time, so I guess not.
I did a complete reinstall of my B2 1-2 months ago with the latest revision at that time, and have not tampered with much it since then.
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi Harry,

Nice to hear it's working.

You shouldn't need to do an explicit install of hddtemp, but sh*t happens. I had the same problem, hddtemp was missing, and I suspect it was an upgrade that went bad but I'm not sure. I did an explicit installation of hddtemp, and that solved it.

/Johan