New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Password format?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
yooakim

Password format?

Post by yooakim »

I wanted to chaneg the password to one I feel is secure. My password consists of ten characters, uppercase and lowercase mixed. I also have numbers in the password as well as special characters.

one password i tried is using an exclamation mark, this is not valid according to the Bubba web admin pages. I can use the same password when set from the terminal using passwd.

Why does the BUBBA Web Interface restrict the password more than the underlying system?

Any comments on why an exclamation (!) mark is not valid in a password using the Bubba web amdin pages?!?
mprs

Re: Password format?

Post by mprs »

I second this? Please fix so we can have secure passwords.

Regards
Martin Spliid
Best Regards
Martin Spliid
B3 (Linux Newbie)
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

+1
kjellberg

Post by kjellberg »

+1
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

my only guess would be that exclamation marks sometimes are interpreted by the system as a procedure instead of a character and thus mess up your script, especially if this involves a system call from a perl script. Try and change your mysql password to something that includes a !. If you manage, then try to log non-interactively in to mysql from the shell with this new password .