New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 and PS3, UPnP problem

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Wildboy

B3 and PS3, UPnP problem

Post by Wildboy »

Hey there!

This is my first post, just got my B3 today. I've searched this forum and read the manual and as far as I understand I should be able to stream movies to my PS3 directly from the B3 without having to use a computer. The UPnP streaming is set to "ON" in the B3 Services, yet my PS3 says that UPnP is "Not available". Can anyone help me here?

I also tried to start 'PS3 mediaserver' on my Mac but I can not add any folders on the B3 in 'PS3 mediaserver'. I can only add folders on the Mac's hard drive. But as I wrote, I hope I will be able to stream movies from the B3 to the PS3 without using a computer. :D

Looking forward to have a lot of great use of my B3!!!

Cheers,
Peter
RandomUsername

Re: B3 and PS3, UPnP problem

Post by RandomUsername »

I don't have a PS3 and I'm not near my Bubba at the moment so this is going to be of limited help to you.

However, I remember when looking through the config file for medaitomb (/etc/mediatomb/mediatomb.conf I think) there is a line that says something like "uncomment the below to use with a PS3". I'm pretty sure it was uncommented by default but it might be worth checking.