New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Re-install Bubba Two - problems with USB stick

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
yooakim

Re-install Bubba Two - problems with USB stick

Post by yooakim »

Hi,

I have a Bubba Two and a new Bubba 3. I am now about to re-install my Bubba Two.

I have downloaded the installation image for Bubba Two. I put it on a FAT32 formatted USB stick (4GB in size)

I then follow the manuals and press the power button while connecting the power cord.

The led flashes but i am not able to tell if it is the right frequency? I wait, wait, wait, wait and wait.

I left the system for four hours and it still just blinks.

I guess my USB is not booting properly.

Can anoyone help me? How do I partition/format the USB in order for it to boot ok?

Also, should I put the "install" folder in the root of the USB och the contents of the "install" folder...? It's not clear from the manual.

/joakim
Ubi

Re: Re-install Bubba Two - problems with USB stick

Post by Ubi »

did you retry it a couple of times?
can you ping the machine while it's installing? if so; can you telnet in to see what's happening?

ubi
jovisuk

Post by jovisuk »

The first time I tried to re-install my Bubba Two it didn't work, try again it will work,

I used a 1GB USB Stick and re-formatted it in FAT32, then dumped the extracted folders onto the root of the USB and followed procedure.
yooakim

Post by yooakim »

The issue I had was that my USB stick had a GPT partition table. Once I converted it to a MBR partition table it worked fine.

Case closed!
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Can you transcribe how you did this into a wiki page for us?