New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 SSD install

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
rasel

B3 SSD install

Post by rasel »

Hello,

I got my new B3 yesterday. I tried to install a new SSD disk without success. May be it isn't a good idea to do that after a hard day at work but I have some questions on this subject:

On Bubba2, we need the WLAN port connected to the internet but that doesn't written on B3 manual, is there a need for this while installing the image?

After 15-20 seconds of green led, the led turns to purple and starts to blink at a fixed rate endlessly ( I wait 10-15 minutes). Does that mean, the usb flash/disk is not correctly formatted/partitioned?

If I understand the manual correctly, while installing the image from usb storage, the led must be a stable green for about 10-20 minutes depending the size of my hard drive, is this correct?

Today, after work, I will format the usb stick with HP's usb format utility and try again. If that doesn't work, I will format the stick on Bubba2 and try again, any other suggestions?
Tompa

Re: B3 SSD install

Post by Tompa »

Hi,

The manual states that the USB stick needs to have a partition table for the restore process to work. I'm not entirety sure what this means, but here's what I did to my new usb stick and it worked for me:

1. Connect your USB stick to a Windows machine (Win7 or Vista works)

2. Open a command-prompt (needs to be running as administrator) and type:

Code: Select all

diskpart
3. From within diskpart, list all disks available:

list disk
4. Find your USB-stick in the list and take note of its disk number. For instance if your number is 7 then do:

select disk 7
5. After this is done, do the following commands:

clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
active
format fs=fat32 quick
assign
exit
Now you should have what is required and can start copy the restore image to your USB-stick, which will have a newly assigned letter.

Hope it works for you!
rasel

Re: B3 SSD install

Post by rasel »

Thank you for the reply. I solved the problem yesterday by clearing the SSD drive with diskpart, not the usb stick. The SSD itself was used in bubba2 before, may be the install procedure is looking for somefile and if it finds, stops the procedure?

Now the hard part begins, transfering all the configurations to the new B3 :)