New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 dropping WLAN connections

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
rasmus

B3 dropping WLAN connections

Post by rasmus »

Hey,

I have a B3 (v. 2.2.0) setup as Router + Server + Firewall etc., i have a desktop connected by LAN and 2 laptops connecting through the WLAN. My problem is that way to offen the laptops (both running windows 7 if that should matter) gets disconnected from the network. The B3 still has connection to the internet and there is no problem with the connection through LAN.

The problem is easly "fixed", just disconnect and the re-connect to the wireless network and the internet connection is just fine. I've tried looking in the syslog/messages after this happends but there doesnt really seem to be a pattern, all though i have noticed that it occurs more offen when both laptops are connected and using the internet.

Anybody experienced anything similar, or can give me some advice on what to look for?

//Rasmus
B3 Wifi - 2 TB
Cheeseboy

Re: B3 dropping WLAN connections

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi Rasmus,

I have a similar behaviour with my Android phone, but I don't know if the issue is with the phone or the B3.
It seems to occur more often with WPA than with WEP, and /var/log/syslog is full of messages from hostapd, but I don't know what they mean.

My Ubuntu laptop never has a problem.
It might even be a hardware issue, but again - I have no idea.

Please keep a look at your logs, and if you notice any messages that correlates to your problem let excito (and us) know about it.

Cheers,

Cheeseboy
rockey

Post by rockey »

I have some similar problems aswell, but for me, I can be connected for several hours, then all my wlan connected devices dies for a small period of time.
That should indicate that there isnt any fault with my wlan devices, since every singel one dies.
I've tried running on multiple modes, like 2.4ghz/G, 2.4ghz/G+N, 5.0ghz/G+N.

Right now, im running 2.4GHz mixedmode(B+G+N), channelwidth 20MHz, WPA2 on channel 6.
Its a B3 with latest updates.

It seems like the WPA handshake between B3 and surrounding objects isnt working well.
Sometimes my Windows 7 says that my wifi connection "doesnt have internet connection" while lowering the wlan speed to 1Mbit/s and/or drops all TCP connections.

Logs like syslog, debug, kern.log, daemon.log doesnt say anything in particular that indicates any problem or hw failure.

Does anyone have any recommendations or can point me into any direction, or will i have to mail support?

Thanks in advance
/rockey
philgaskin

Post by philgaskin »

I have the same problem with an Apple iPhone4 although my Fujitsu Siemans laptop running Windows XP seems OK.

Phil.
eds_oyo

Post by eds_oyo »

I have the same problem with my B2. I've just stopped using the wifi function as i find it way too unstable with continuous connection dropouts.
johannes

Post by johannes »

We have had some discussions with customers having issues with B3 wifi stability, and they experienced improvements with this upgrade:

http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2951

Does it help?
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)