New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

installing glftpd on b3...

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Norman

installing glftpd on b3...

Post by Norman »

...is not possible?

I'm trying to set up an ftp server for an local humanitarian organisation and a friend of mine tip'ed me about glftpd. We installed it, but can't get it working. An topic here at excito forum said, year 2007, that's not possible to install Glftpd on Bubba.

I have been reading online, and since Bubba is rocking ARM processors and Glftpd is x86 plattformed... well it seems that its not going to work?

Some other dude said something: "Can't you recompile the source code of glftpd to fit yer plattform?"

So... is it possible, or is it not possible?

Is there any friendly bubba user who could enlight me on this topic?
I really would like the Glftpd to work on my B3! :)

Thanks in advance.
RandomUsername

Re: installing glftpd on b3...

Post by RandomUsername »

Never heard of this. According to Wikipedia the most recent version was released in 2005. What features are so great about it that you want to use it over something like proFTP (which is already installed on your B3)?
Norman

Re: installing glftpd on b3...

Post by Norman »

The strongest reason is that my friend will be helping me out with the administration part, and Glftpd is the way to go then.

If the Glftpd ain't working, then we will go for the Pro of cuz.