New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

enable complex passwords?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
scorpius

enable complex passwords?

Post by scorpius »

Hi everybody,

I've received now my new b3 and it looks great but I just got to wonder if there is a way to enable somehow complex passwords. I usually prefer to add symbols to make access more secure...

best regards
scorpius
NisseJ

Re: enable complex passwords?

Post by NisseJ »

I have fixed complex password on my b3 and i gave myself access to the server via ssh and when logged in i just changed password in the terminal. Then i checked if it was possible to log in via the webclient, and since it was, it worked :)
scorpius

Post by scorpius »

thanks for the workaround. :)

Nonetheless, it would be nice if it works also out of the box via the web-interface ...
Puma

Post by Puma »

Hello,

I hope Excito will take this item in the next update for B3 and B2 systems. (it's the same problem for mail accounts with strong passwords)

I recommend people to buy a bubba (2 did this already) but these people don't use ssh to dig in so it would definitly help.

Puma
Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi Puma,

There are problems when writing web interfaces inherent to the language they are written in.
Some strings are just hard to handle without braking the rules of the language.

Nevertheless, I agree that the web interface should accept strong passwords.
I strongly suggest that you post your request on the Feature Request thread or email it to Excito directly.
Do not expect them to see this thread.

Cheers,

Cheeseboy