New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B2 blink code list

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
brokenpike

B2 blink code list

Post by brokenpike »

Is there an exhaustive list of B2 blink codes and context?

I am attempting to reinstall os (root only ) on my B2 cannot ssh in and am getting a (1hz,2hz) blink.
short flash, long flash , short flash, long flash , etc.
johannes

Re: B2 blink code list

Post by johannes »

It is in the Bubba 2 users manual (I know, difficult to find):

Code: Select all

During rescue procedure the front LED has a different blink frequencies to give information about current status.
If the installer is instructed to not install anything, i.e. just to be used as an rescue device, then the LED will blink at 1Hz.
If the installer is instructed to install, but no payload is found, the LED will blink at 16Hz.
If the installer is instructed to partition disc, but no disc found, the LED will blink at 16Hz.
If the installer is instructed to install but not to reboot, the LED will blink at 2Hz when installation is done.

When no hard drive is found the LED will repeatedly blink in the following pattern: on 3s, off 1s, on 1s, off 0.2s.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
johannes

Post by johannes »

Perhaps it doesn't recognise your HDD?
brokenpike

Post by brokenpike »

The blink code does not quite match the "failure to recognize hard drive". 10 periods of the long short flashes too 37 seconds...much less than 52 second (10 *(3+1+1+.2)).

I will pull the drive. The drive is original. After I put in an enclosure how should I test flag and format it?
johannes

Post by johannes »

Yes, don't take the timing too literally, it has to mean that. Actually, the boot loader keeps rebooting due to failing to find a suitable boot image on HDD, this is what causes this blink sequence.

Yes, please pull the drive and if you can, put it in a pc and see if it's possible to format it or if it's broken. Another possible source of error is the power supply. If it is just partially broken it has enough (appr 5-6V) to supply the motherboard, but not enough (12V) to supply the HDD. HOwever, if the disk spins up (listen) this is probably not the issue.