New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 Release candidate

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
carl

Re: B3 Release candidate

Post by carl »

RandomUsername wrote:I encountered a possibly similar problem last night.

I was trying to install the package php5-intl but aptitude was complaining that it was dependent on php5-common version 5.2.1-1ex1 but I had version 5.3.3-7-squeeze3 installed.

I discovered that it was trying to install php5-intl version 5.3.2-1ex1 from the hugo repository even though version 5.3.3-7+squeeze3 was available from the upstream_squeeze_forhugo repo. I had to force install that version.

This seems to be the opposite of Daniel's experience but I thought it was weird it wasn't automatically trying to pull down the latest version, particular as there were no dependency issues with the later version.
That's due to our pinning policy, see "apt-cache policy" for more information.
It is setup so any package we ourself have package, is never upgraded to an version outside our control automatically
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
carl

Post by carl »

DanielM wrote:
carl wrote:
DanielM wrote:
The version it installed is 6.3.18-2. According to the logs in /etc/apt my previous version was 6.3.17-4.

/Daniel
6.3.18-2 is the version in upstream_squeeze_forvincent, upstream_squeeze_forhugo has 6.3.17-4
Well, then something is very weird with your repositories. I have never installed fetchmail any other way than by using apt-get (I don't even want to have fetchmail installed...), and I have never had anything fancy in my sources.list. I see though that 6.3.18-2 is the version in squeeze. Could apt-get somehow have fetched it from there?

/Daniel
fetchmail is a dependency for the default installation, and is installed by default.
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

carl wrote:
RandomUsername wrote:I encountered a possibly similar problem last night.

I was trying to install the package php5-intl but aptitude was complaining that it was dependent on php5-common version 5.2.1-1ex1 but I had version 5.3.3-7-squeeze3 installed.

I discovered that it was trying to install php5-intl version 5.3.2-1ex1 from the hugo repository even though version 5.3.3-7+squeeze3 was available from the upstream_squeeze_forhugo repo. I had to force install that version.

This seems to be the opposite of Daniel's experience but I thought it was weird it wasn't automatically trying to pull down the latest version, particular as there were no dependency issues with the later version.
That's due to our pinning policy, see "apt-cache policy" for more information.
It is setup so any package we ourself have package, is never upgraded to an version outside our control automatically
OK, makes sense. Nothing similar to Daniel's problem then :)
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

carl wrote:
DanielM wrote:
carl wrote: 6.3.18-2 is the version in upstream_squeeze_forvincent, upstream_squeeze_forhugo has 6.3.17-4
Well, then something is very weird with your repositories. I have never installed fetchmail any other way than by using apt-get (I don't even want to have fetchmail installed...), and I have never had anything fancy in my sources.list. I see though that 6.3.18-2 is the version in squeeze. Could apt-get somehow have fetched it from there?

/Daniel
fetchmail is a dependency for the default installation, and is installed by default.
I understand that, and I never said I think it's a problem for me that fetchmail is installed. The problem is that apparently some version is installed (without me ever tempering with fetchmail att all) that gives problems when upgrading. For me the problem is solved now though, so I'm not complaining. It was more of a "this might be worth looking at" comment...

/Daniel