New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bug Report Thread for B3 "hugo" RC Repository

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
RandomUsername

Bug Report Thread for B3 "hugo" RC Repository

Post by RandomUsername »

So I'm setting up my B3 with the release candidate repo "hugo" and I'm expecting to find a few problems. Rather than spamming the forum with a new thread every time I thought I'd dedicate a thread to them here. If anyone wants to weigh in, please feel free.

[Bug 1] *Resolved*
Changing hostname and workgroup via the web interface results in PHP errors on the status page:
B3Status1[1].png
B3Status1[1].png (202.93 KiB) Viewed 21530 times
B3Status2[1].png
B3Status2[1].png (160.1 KiB) Viewed 21530 times
Last edited by RandomUsername on 06 Jul 2011, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
RandomUsername

Re: Bug Report Thread for B3 "hugo" RC Repository

Post by RandomUsername »

OK, Bug 1 resolved by making sure the system is updated correctly as per here: http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 628#p15628
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

[Bug 2]
I've just finished configuring postfix and dovecot and switching my MX record over to the B3. I'm now getting the following email from cron every five minutes. Haven't investigated any further yet but I'm going to be replacing Horde with Roundcube I'm probably just going to disable any cron jobs relating to Horde anyway.
Subj: Cron <root@serverb3> test -x /usr/bin/php && /usr/bin/php /usr/share/horde3/scripts/alarms.php

PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Perms/sql.php on line 83
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Perms/sql.php on line 116
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Perms/sql.php on line 153
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Prefs.php on line 847
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/mnemo/lib/api.php on line 329
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/mnemo/lib/api.php on line 423
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/History.php on line 244
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/kronolith/lib/Driver.php on line 201
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/kronolith/lib/Driver/sql.php on line 352
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/kronolith/lib/Driver/sql.php on line 373
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/kronolith/lib/Driver/sql.php on line 402
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/kronolith/lib/Driver/sql.php on line 456
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Share.php on line 117
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Share/sql.php on line 214
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Share/sql.php on line 276
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Share/sql.php on line 349
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Share/sql.php on line 421
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Share/sql.php on line 526
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Share/sql.php on line 571
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/php/MDB2.php on line 393
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/php/MDB2.php on line 2647
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Group.php on line 158
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Group.php on line 641
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Group/sql.php on line 101
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Group/sql.php on line 132
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Group/sql.php on line 177
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Maintenance.php on line 140
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Maintenance.php on line 334
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Maintenance.php on line 430
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

[Bug 3]
Was just checking output of "dhclient" prior to setting DNS servers to be those of OpenDNS.
dhclient gives this output (note the syntax errors reported in //etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/samba):

Code: Select all

Easyfind: nothing todo.
Enter Fallback (PREINIT)
Shutting down dnsmasq
Stopping DNS forwarder and DHCP server: dnsmasq.
Exit Fallback (PREINIT)
Firwall rewite, nothing todo.
/etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/samba: line 78: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
/etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/samba: line 78: `	if [ $reason != "PREINIT" ] && [ $reason != "RELEASE" ] && [ -x /etc/rc2.d/S??samba ] &&; then'
Easyfind: nothing todo.
Firwall rewite, nothing todo.
[b]/etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/samba: line 78: syntax error near unexpected token `;'[/b][i][/i]
/etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/samba: line 78: `	if [ $reason != "PREINIT" ] && [ $reason != "RELEASE" ] && [ -x /etc/rc2.d/S??samba ] &&; then'
Reloading /etc/samba/smb.conf: smbd only.
Launching easyfind update script
{"opcode":1,"record":{"domain_id":"1","content":"188.220.146.186","name":"darren.myownb3.com","type":"A","id":"541"},"error":false,"operation":"IPupdate"}
Update firewall config
Activate updated firewall config.
/etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/samba: line 78: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
Strangely, nano reports that this file only has 76 lines so I'm not sure how there could be an error on line 78 :?
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

[Bug 4]
When rebooting the box Dovecot is failing to start. When starting manually I get this message:
Starting IMAP/POP3 mail server: dovecotLast died with error (see error log for more information): Time just moved backwards by 15 seconds. This might cause a lot of problems, so I'll just kill myself now. http://wiki.dovecot.org/TimeMovedBackwards
Relevant part of syslog:
Jul 8 19:10:42 serverb3 bubba-networkmanager: Server timed out, terminating
Jul 8 19:10:42 serverb3 bubba-networkmanager: Daemon terminating
Jul 8 19:10:42 serverb3 bubba-networkmanager: Shutting down
Jul 8 19:10:28 serverb3 dovecot: Fatal: Time just moved backwards by 15 seconds. This might cause a lot of problems, so I'll just kill myself now. http://wiki.dovecot.org/TimeMovedBackwards
Not sure why it's changing. I think the bubba-network manager entry is a red-herring. Searching for that on these forums (using Google, the forums' own search facility won't let me) shows that people have been getting these errors since forever with no apparent problem.

So what's changing the time by 15 seconds? Investigations continue...
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

[Bug 5]
Samba daemon will not start if the wifi is enabled. However, starting samba first then enabling the wifi works fine.

The only thing I can see in the syslog is this:
Jul 9 13:16:53 serverb3 smbd[26120]: [2011/07/09 13:16:53.474838, 0] param/loadparm.c:7588(lp_do_parameter)
Jul 9 13:16:53 serverb3 smbd[26120]: Ignoring unknown parameter "interface"
Jul 9 13:16:53 serverb3 smbd[26120]: [2011/07/09 13:16:53.490481, 0] param/loadparm.c:7588(lp_do_parameter)
Jul 9 13:16:53 serverb3 smbd[26120]: Ignoring unknown parameter "interface"
This is from samba/log.all:
[2011/07/09 13:16:53.490278, 1] param/loadparm.c:6494(map_parameter)
Unknown parameter encountered: "interface"
[2011/07/09 13:16:53.490481, 0] param/loadparm.c:7588(lp_do_parameter)
Ignoring unknown parameter "interface"
[2011/07/09 13:16:53.622680, 0] lib/interface.c:542(load_interfaces)
WARNING: no network interfaces found
[2011/07/09 13:16:53.757681, 0] smbd/server.c:659(open_sockets_smbd)
open_sockets_smbd: No sockets available to bind to.
[2011/07/09 13:16:53.758655, 0] smbd/server.c:894(exit_server_common)
===============================================================
[2011/07/09 13:16:53.758832, 0] smbd/server.c:896(exit_server_common)
Abnormal server exit: open_sockets_smbd() failed
[2011/07/09 13:16:53.758936, 0] smbd/server.c:897(exit_server_common)
===============================================================
[2011/07/09 13:16:53.759666, 0] lib/util.c:1569(log_stack_trace)
BACKTRACE: 0 stack frames:
[2011/07/09 13:16:53.759871, 0] lib/fault.c:326(dump_core)
dumping core in /var/log/samba/cores/smbd
[EDIT]
OK, I've worked out what's happening here. When the wifi is enabled or disabled from the web interface the script is editing smb.conf but the script must be buggy (buggie?). I guess it's supposed to change the parameter "interfaces = eth1" to "interfaces = br0". However, it's adding "interface = br0" - note the missing "s" which is what is being complained about in the samba log. Also, it's leaving any previous "interfaces" parameter as well so I've got both these lines in smb.conf:

interfaces = eth1
interface = br0
Even with the typo fixed I'm not sure you can have two lines the same. The correct formatting would be:

interfaces = eth1 br0
However, just

interfaces = br0
works fine.
Last edited by RandomUsername on 09 Jul 2011, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

[bug 6]

Rebooting the box resets /etc/hosts which screws up connecting to the box via DNS.

/etc/hosts before reboot:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.10.1         serverb3.localdomain serverb3

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1     		ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 		ip6-localnet
ff00::0 		ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 		ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 		ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 		ip6-allhosts
/etc/hosts after reboot:

127.0.0.1	localhost.localdomain	localhost
::1	ip6-localhost	ip6-loopback
fe00::0	ip6-localnet
ff00::0	ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1	ip6-allnodes
ff02::2	ip6-allrouters
ff02::3	ip6-allhosts
To get it sorted via the web interface you need to connect via IP address, change the hostname to something else and then back to your desired hostname. Presumably this is a configuration issue with dsnmasq.

[EDIT]
I'm not 100% sure but I think it's also the wifi enable/disable script that's breaking /etc/hosts/.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

RandomUsername wrote:[Bug 4]
When rebooting the box Dovecot is failing to start. When starting manually I get this message:
Starting IMAP/POP3 mail server: dovecotLast died with error (see error log for more information): Time just moved backwards by 15 seconds. This might cause a lot of problems, so I'll just kill myself now. http://wiki.dovecot.org/TimeMovedBackwards
This one isn't new, it has happened to me quite some times with the old version too. Never got around to reporting it though, since it always worked when I tried starting it again.

/Daniel
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

It never happened on my B2 so it's either a new bug in the code or it's to do with the new arch. Not sure. Anyway, I'm all set up with the B3 so it's unlikely I'll be adding anything else to this thread. Hope it's given the Excito boys something to work on.

Darren.
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Spoke too soon!

[Bug 7]

The photo album functionality appears to be, not to be too blunt, fucked. I can create an album from the file manager and when I go to the photo albums I can't see the new album as they are private by default. All as expected so far.

However, even though I'm logged in it says I'm viewing the album anonymously so I can't access the settings to create users or make albums public. If I try to log in through the photo album page it doesn't recognise my user name or password (I guess I'm supposed to be logging in with a photo album user on this screen but I can't create one). So basically, I can't find any way to actually view the albums I'm creating :S

[EDIT]Possibly related, I sometimes get this error (although it's not reproducible).
Screenshot-B3 - photo album - Mozilla Firefox.png
Screenshot-B3 - photo album - Mozilla Firefox.png (155.9 KiB) Viewed 21415 times
[EDIT2]Just installed an updated bubba-frontend and the lack of management features appears to be fixed (still get the php errors though).
johannes

Post by johannes »

Thanks a million for these bug posts and for the error-hunting you are helping with. You have no idea how valuable this is to us right now.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Nrde

Post by Nrde »

RandomUsername wrote:Spoke too soon!
However, even though I'm logged in it says I'm viewing the album anonymously so I can't access the settings to create users or make albums public. If I try to log in through the photo album page it doesn't recognise my user name or password
I have this problem withthe current FW too.

Where are the albums located btw?
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Nrde wrote:Where are the albums located btw?
In a MySQL database.

@Johannes, my pleasure!
carl

Post by carl »

RandomUsername wrote:Spoke too soon!

[Bug 7]

The photo album functionality appears to be, not to be too blunt, fucked. I can create an album from the file manager and when I go to the photo albums I can't see the new album as they are private by default. All as expected so far.

However, even though I'm logged in it says I'm viewing the album anonymously so I can't access the settings to create users or make albums public. If I try to log in through the photo album page it doesn't recognise my user name or password (I guess I'm supposed to be logging in with a photo album user on this screen but I can't create one). So basically, I can't find any way to actually view the albums I'm creating :S

[EDIT]Possibly related, I sometimes get this error (although it's not reproducible).
Screenshot-B3 - photo album - Mozilla Firefox.png
[EDIT2]Just installed an updated bubba-frontend and the lack of management features appears to be fixed (still get the php errors though).
First of all, I've fixed (well, hided) the deprecation warnings, hopefully they won't bee seen again. For the other part, remember that logged in as admin is regarded in the album as being anonymous (was decided that the bubba admin should not touch the album)
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
carl

Post by carl »

RandomUsername wrote:[Bug 4]
Relevant part of syslog:
Jul 8 19:10:42 serverb3 bubba-networkmanager: Server timed out, terminating
Jul 8 19:10:42 serverb3 bubba-networkmanager: Daemon terminating
Jul 8 19:10:42 serverb3 bubba-networkmanager: Shutting down
Jul 8 19:10:28 serverb3 dovecot: Fatal: Time just moved backwards by 15 seconds. This might cause a lot of problems, so I'll just kill myself now. http://wiki.dovecot.org/TimeMovedBackwards
Not sure why it's changing. I think the bubba-network manager entry is a red-herring. Searching for that on these forums (using Google, the forums' own search facility won't let me) shows that people have been getting these errors since forever with no apparent problem.

So what's changing the time by 15 seconds? Investigations continue...
This is an issue that we've encountered before, and there should be an solution running that will resztart dovecot if it is terminated due to time revesal issue, though it might be only in certain situations that failsafe is present, for example when changing time setting.
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com