New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Wrong pictures added in album

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Krudtugle

Wrong pictures added in album

Post by Krudtugle »

I have a pretty irritating (although somewhat amusing) problem with the photo album in B3. The wrong pictures are added to the album. This occurs no matter if I create an album and add pictures in "Photos" or if I go to "File Manager", select a number of pictures and add them to the album.

Then, when I look in the album, other pictures than the ones I added are actually in the album!!!

Seems some kind of linking or file system inconsistency with the Photo Album function. I don't know, but it's pretty annoying.

Have anyone bumped in to this problem before? Any ideas what can be wrong?
johannes

Re: Wrong pictures added in album

Post by johannes »

We haven't heard of this problem before at Excito. Can you find a way to reproduce the problem, so that we could try it in our lab? for instance, what causes this issue to happen? Identical file names etc?
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Krudtugle

Post by Krudtugle »

Yes, it's reproducable. It occurs every time I try to create an album. The filenames aren't identical. I restarted the B3 yesterday to get rid of potential caches etc., but that didn't help.

I found another thread with similar problem (http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f ... tall+album), but in my case it's not only the thumbnails that are mixed up. It's the actual pictures.

Is there some configuration file for the album that I can check to see if I can see something suspicious?
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

the caches are in your local computer. As the thread you refer to concluded the error was in the client, can you please check on a different client computer that the problem is really there?
Krudtugle

Post by Krudtugle »

Now I've tried on another computer, but the problem persists, so I guess I don't have the same problem as in the thread that I referred to.
ther

Post by ther »

I've also seen this problem, I think it's related to firefox. I added an album using FF and had the problem, removed it and re-added it resulting in new but incorrect images.

Tested the same procedure using google chrome, and the correct images were added.
Krudtugle

Post by Krudtugle »

I tried Chrome, but the problem persists...

Anyway, thanks for the tip and I'm glad it works for you :-)
johannes

Post by johannes »

@Krudtugle, this puzzles us, we can't reproduce. Would it be possible to gain access to your B3 (ssh) to check out what's happening? If so, please email support@excito.com with a temporary login/pass and IP-number. That would be of great help to us.

Thanks,
/johannes
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Krudtugle

Post by Krudtugle »

johannes wrote:@Krudtugle, this puzzles us, we can't reproduce. Would it be possible to gain access to your B3 (ssh) to check out what's happening? If so, please email support@excito.com with a temporary login/pass and IP-number. That would be of great help to us.

Thanks,
/johannes
Login/pass sent...