New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Slow Squeezebox on B2

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Jockewhbg

Slow Squeezebox on B2

Post by Jockewhbg »

Hi

I´ve had my B2 a couple of years now. Since the beginning the Squeezebox have been quite slow. No improvements from updates. Now I´m getting quite tired of this problem. It works just fine if I´m running the squeezebox server on a Windows PC. The B2 also works fine when I´m testing the other mediaservers to other equipment. It´s just the squeezebox that is working very slow. I´ve changed routers and other equipment around the B2 and my Squeezebox so I´ve ruled out everything else. Some of the problems are lagging mp3-play. Remote control keeps loosing connection all the time. Takes about 5-10s everytime to reconnect. In general everything is very slow in comparisment to when the server is running on a pc.

Does other B2 owners have the same problems?

Does the B3 work better with Squeezebox?

Regards

Jocke
johannes

Re: Slow Squeezebox on B2

Post by johannes »

Hi Jocke,

Slow squeezebox on B2 is a known issue. Since we first added it to B2 the squeezebox updates has just made it slower, their implementation isn't very effective. It's much better on B3 but still not as snappy as we would wish.

However, their last release (7.5.4) apparently had some performance improvements, make sure you have the latest upgrade installed. However, I can't guarantee that it makes significant difference.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Jockewhbg

Re: Slow Squeezebox on B2

Post by Jockewhbg »

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try the update and I even consider buying a B3 instead. We´ll see.

Regards

Jocke