New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Questions about B3 wifi with COMHEM

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
paco

Questions about B3 wifi with COMHEM

Post by paco »

I'm considering buying a B3 wifi. I have Comhem ADSL and I am currently using the Netgear CG 3100 modem/router/wifi unit they supply. The wifi unit in the Netgear CG 3100 sucks. My questions are:

1. Is anyone successfully using the B3 as an ADSL modem for Comhem ADSL (100 Mbit/s)?

2. Is the wifi unit in B3 good?
Ancan

Re: Questions about B3 wifi with COMHEM

Post by Ancan »

paco wrote: 1. Is anyone successfully using the B3 as an ADSL modem for Comhem ADSL (100 Mbit/s)?
You'll still need your ADSL modem sitting between your phone line and the B3.
paco wrote: 2. Is the wifi unit in B3 good?
I have had no issues with it. My old Belkin AP I had to reset now and then, but this one has been working non-stop.
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

I'm having some problems with my wifi setup, but that's only where the range is longer (15-20 m) and there's a lot of interference of other wifi channels around. On shorter ranges it works perfectly.
xbard

Post by xbard »

Hey M8

I also got Comhem 100 / 10 Mbit with the net-gear 3100 and The modem is a piece of SHIT! What I did is that Ive turn Nat off to get the modem to work just as a modem and Ive had none problems seance the B3 is amazing when you have Comhem. I would recommend you. Buy one!
AzP

Post by AzP »

This is exactly what I want to do. So what are the steps? Something like this? I also have a switch that I need to get more ports for my network.

1. Connect the B3 to the modem with the LAN connector in Router+Firewall+Server mode (or automatic)
2. Enable the DHCP-server in it
3. Disable NAT in the Netgear
4. Do I need to do any DMZ-stuff or any port-forwarding?
5. Should I disable the DHCP-server in the Netgear router?
6. Re-connect the B3 with the WAN port instead?

I should be up and running now, or have I made it a lot more complicated? I'm sick of my crappy modem going up and down all the time. I still want to use the WiFi in it (didn't get the B3 WiFi), but I'm sick of the DHCP-part of it.
eramoli

Post by eramoli »

Is it possible to disable the NAT in the Netgear and still use the WiFi in it? My guess would be no.

/Morgan
AzP

Post by AzP »

eramoli wrote:Is it possible to disable the NAT in the Netgear and still use the WiFi in it? My guess would be no.

/Morgan
Really? Hm, that would be a shame... Does anybody else have any experience with this? I will look into it.