New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B2 Torrent Downloads

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
wm.bubba

B2 Torrent Downloads

Post by wm.bubba »

Because I have a limit on my downloads/uploads, I'd like to be able to limit torrent downloads to between midnight and 8am. Between these hours I have unlimited downloads/uploads.

I have used cron to stop and start the ftd daemon, e.g

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/filetransferdaemon stop

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/filetransferdaemon start
but I'm not convinced this is all I need to do.

This does stop downloading, but Bubbamon still lists the downloads, and the web interface reports a php error.

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy40 ... UBBA|2.png

I'm guessing I need to stop something else running, but not sure what?
Gordon

Re: B2 Torrent Downloads

Post by Gordon »

It stops. I can't say anything about bubbamon because I don't use it, but the php error is simply because ftdclient returns output that the webpage is not configured to handle (it's fixed in the B3).

I like the point that you're making. Maybe we should make this a feature request, to extend the functionality of ftd to allow dynamically updating the transfer limits? I mean, having cron shutdown the daemon at given times may be okay for torrents but it's definitely not something you'd want to do when downloading from http or ftp.
wm.bubba

Post by wm.bubba »

Obviously the better solution would be to have this facility in the web interface, but until then I'm quite happy to use cron.

For me, this is not an issue, as I rarely download using http or ftp, but I'd prefer to do it cleanly, as is done when stopping the download service via the web interface.
In this case , I don't see this php error, hence I think some other service is being stopped in addition to fdt. I have looked through the logs but cannot find anything obvious.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

I'd still say this has to be an oversight in the web page code. If you disabled ftp through the web interface then it will expect ftd not to run and act accordingly (i.e. not run ftdclient at all). You can probably verify this by disabling ftd there and then after starting it manually look at the downloads page showing no active downloads at all. Again, the B3 does this differently so this is me just guessing.
wm.bubba

Post by wm.bubba »

Strangely, that does make sense, and is exactly what happens in practice.
I'll stick with stopping and starting using cron, may not be pretty but does do the job I need.

Many thanks for your input.
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

wm.bubba wrote:This does stop downloading, but Bubbamon still lists the downloads
You have probably found a bug in bubbamon. I'll look into this and see what I can do,

By the way, feel free to post bugs, suggestions or what ever might concern BubbaMon here.

/Johan