New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Tired of losing network connection on both cable and WiFi

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
spaceuser

Tired of losing network connection on both cable and WiFi

Post by spaceuser »

I have had my Bubba 3 since July 2011, and I find it looses network connection far to often. The only thing to do is to remove the power cable, since it don't bothers to do anything when I push the resetbutton. The version is 2.3.0.2. I've tried to update/upgrade it, but it didn't find anything new. Two things that made me a bit worried is the contents in the syslog today, see below.

Code: Select all

Oct  2 18:57:21 b3 console-kit-daemon[2613]: WARNING: Error waiting for native console 1 activation: Invalid argument
Oct  2 18:57:21 b3 console-kit-daemon[2613]: WARNING: Error waiting for native console 31 activation: Invalid argument
Oct  2 18:57:21 b3 console-kit-daemon[2613]: WARNING: Error waiting for native console 32 activation: Invalid argument
Oct  2 18:57:21 b3 console-kit-daemon[2613]: WARNING: Error waiting for native console 33 activation: Invalid argument
Oct  2 18:57:21 b3 console-kit-daemon[2613]: WARNING: Error waiting for native console 34 activation: Invalid argument...
and more, like this,

Code: Select all

Oct  2 18:57:30 b3 hostapd: wlan0: STA a0:0b:ba:59:e2:1d IEEE 802.11: disassociated
Oct  2 18:57:31 b3 hostapd: wlan0: STA a0:0b:ba:59:e2:1d IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity
The last seems that it disconnect if it finds inactivity.

Could the above seriously be a normal behaviour?

TIA
DanielM

Re: Tired of losing network connection on both cable and WiF

Post by DanielM »

Quickly checked my syslog (on my fully functioning B3). The hostapd lines you see seems to be normal, I have them too once or twice a day. However searching for console-kit-daemon errors in my syslog returns nothing, so it could be something that shouldn't be there. I haven't done any deeper research though...

/Daniel
johannes

Post by johannes »

The problems you are seing are not normal, it sounds as the B3 hangs hard (since the button won't work for shutdown) and you are one of very few reporters of this issue. All previously were solved with motherboard replacement - my guess is that you have a hardware error.

If you don't mind, send your unit to us and we'll replace your motherbaord, and the issue should be gone. Email support@excito.com for instructions.

Best,
/Johannes
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
86ivar

Post by 86ivar »

I also have similar problems with my bubba2, it was worse some months ago than now.
What happens is that my computer disconnects from bubbawifi for a minute, then it connects again. the wifi from the bubba is not turned off (i find it in windows), im just unable to connect to it.
Tried two pcs and my mobile phone, same problem.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Hi 86ivar, this is another issue, you are suffering from bad wifi drivers in Bubba2, and in conjunction with some clients (Apple are suspects here) this is a common symptom.

Our new Bubba2 software release will solve this (see here: http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3397)
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)