New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Using Excito B3 as NVR for CCTV

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
excitob3forcameraip

Using Excito B3 as NVR for CCTV

Post by excitob3forcameraip »

Good.
First of all I introduce myself as this is my first post.
I'm Spanish, excuse my poor English writing.

I have a doubt. B3 excited, can work (internal software) and NVR (Network Video Recorder) with IP camera systems?. I have not found anything about it online.

3 I have on my network IP cameras, and I wish that you manage with my excited B3 connected without having a computer, is it possible?

There are many internet NAS have that option, but I have not seen anything on the B3.

Thank you very much in advance.
DanielM

Re: Using Excito B3 as NVR for CCTV

Post by DanielM »

I think you should check out zoneminder (http://www.zoneminder.com/). Just install it using "apt-get install zoneminder" and try it out, I think it should do just what you are looking for.

/Daniel
beweb

Post by beweb »

Install of ZoneMinder on my B3 went very smooth.
But how to get to the webinterface of this app?

ZoneMinder documentation says go to your browser but there's the excisting apache installation.
Zoneminder is installed under usr/share/zoneminder.
How can I het Apache to go there?

I'm not afraid of adjusting .ini files but there are so many that I'm confused on wich one does the right thing
I only need the golden clue to tell apache to go there, the same way as the admin interface is redirected to //b3/admin
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Well, you could make a config file in /etc/apache2/sites-available and then a link in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled. I think the easiest way though would be to run something like "ln -s /usr/share/zoneminder /home/web/zoneminder", after that you should be able to surf to b3/zoneminder.

/Daniel
beweb

Post by beweb »

Thanx Daniel,

Was looking in the right direction\directory but it's good to get the confirmation.
The ln command is a good one for the first use. So I know if the app is something for me.