New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

iTunes 10.5.x won't detect mt-daap

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
philgaskin

Post by philgaskin »

iTunes seems to have stopped working with mt-daap. I can see my library in iTunes but it never retrieves any content.
There is much talk about this on the internet as most NAS media drives have also stopped working.
An upgrade to iTunes 10.5.1 hasn't made a difference.
Are there any plans for a compatability fix or does someone have an alternative?

Phil.
Binkem

Re: iTunes 10.5.x won't detect mt-daap

Post by Binkem »

There has been some talk about switching the DAAP-server on Bubba from mt-daapd (firefly) to forked-daapd. I don't know what the plans of Excito are though? Could you clarify this, Johannes?
Judging from reports on other (NAS related) sites I guess MT-DAAPD is becoming obsolete and it would be great to switch to Forked-Daapd soon.

See this post:

http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2978
johannes

Post by johannes »

Yep, we are updating to forked-daapd for 2.4 according to plans, if we don't hit any major obstacles with it.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
philgaskin

Post by philgaskin »

Thanks Johannes / Binkem

I was hoping that there would be an alternative. Johannes, do you have a rough idea of when 2.4 will be available?
Phil.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Can't promise anything but the rough idea is december, maybe january. We have had other stuff needing attention (hence the 2.3.1 release etc) so this is why it's delayed.

However, you can probably quite easilly install forked-daapd yourself you are somewhat linux-savvy.
_NE_

Post by _NE_ »

Installing forked-daapd was easy and it was no problem getting it to run, though you should double check that the avahi-daemon is working as well (had problem with avahi disabling itself).

The sad part is that the problem is the same with forked-daapd, iTunes detects hit but will "load" for ever.
_NE_

Post by _NE_ »

Forked-daapd from the latest tar-ball works quite excellent, it was a bit of a hazel with all dependencies.
Now iTunes finds it and loads the music, plays it, it finds AirTunes units and syncs with the apple-remote softwares.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Wonderful, thanks for letting us know!
philgaskin

Post by philgaskin »

Excellent, thanks for the info. I'll give it a try
Phil