New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 as a WLAN access point

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
tsteiger

B3 as a WLAN access point

Post by tsteiger »

Hi there

I have an ipcop firewall with 4 ethernet ports. One ethernet port is connected with the so called blue network, which means that this ethernet port is responsible for the wireless network. Normally an access point is connected to this port (I would like to substitute a normal WLAN access point through the B3 Access Point).

Another ethernet port of the firewall is responsible for the internal network. In this network are all client pcs and also file servers (in my case it will be the B3 Server). Both interfaces have a DHCP Server and give the clients an ip address.

Now I would like to connect my B3 server to the internal network and give them an ip address through the DHCP Server from the firewall. But I would like to connect also the access point ability from the B3 Server to the blue network of the firewall. If every thing will go well the B3 server is connected with two different networks. For Example: 192.168.111.21 for the B3 Server (ssh, samba, apache) and 192.168.112.50 for the Access Point of the B3 Server.

What do I have to configure to achieve the described scenario above?

Kind regards.