New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

mkv in miniDLNA

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
sameoldme

mkv in miniDLNA

Post by sameoldme »

Has anyone out there found a way of getting MINIDLNA to play Matroska (Mkv) files? they remain the one codec I can't deal with (at least that I need to deal with) and any suggestions would be fantastic.
Nrde

Re: mkv in miniDLNA

Post by Nrde »

sameoldme wrote:Has anyone out there found a way of getting MINIDLNA to play Matroska (Mkv) files? they remain the one codec I can't deal with (at least that I need to deal with) and any suggestions would be fantastic.
I thought minidlna is just a way to deliver the files to players. So it does not care about the container or format at all.

Or do you mean that your player does not see mkv files when you try to access them from inidlna?
sameoldme

Post by sameoldme »

Yep, thats it - all Maroska files are unplayable when viewed through the interface on my Panasonic TX-L3 series TV. So the problem may be at the tv end, certaintly few of those posting who have Sony Bravia TV's do not seem to be having the same problems, but then again the Panasonic does claim to be compatible with, even to embrace DLNA standards so I remain perplexed.
sameoldme

Post by sameoldme »

sameoldme wrote:Yep, thats it - all Maroska files are unplayable when viewed through the interface on my Panasonic TX-L3 series TV. So the problem may be at the tv end, certaintly few of those posting who have Sony Bravia TV's do not seem to be having the same problems, but then again the Panasonic does claim to be compatible with, even to embrace DLNA standards so I remain perplexed.

So...it turns out that it is the TV that can't cope - the Bubba is fine delivering DLNA in the proper way. No I haveto get going on the TV!