New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Virtual hosts redirect to /admin

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Ubi

Re: Virtual hosts redirect to /admin

Post by Ubi »

Sorry to be blunt, but if it did not work for you, you did not follow the recipe properly, or you skipped some bits you assumed were not important or so. The software on the b* is all the same, also for you. So, pleasy try again
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

If you still get redirected to /admin even with that path being redefined to an error page, then you are hitting the default page as defined by Excito. The most likely cause for this is that your catch-all page is linked under sites-available by a name that is alphanumerically sorted after "bubba". The way apache handles these definitions this means that your catch-all page will be ignored because the bubba definition already serves as a catch-all. There can be only one.
mintz

Post by mintz »

Ubi wrote:Sorry to be blunt, but if it did not work for you, you did not follow the recipe properly, or you skipped some bits you assumed were not important or so. The software on the b* is all the same, also for you. So, pleasy try again
I don't know if I did the procedure correctly or not. I parsed them in as two separate shellscripts and executed them in order. The second script gave an error about bubba-intranet not found. I changed and executed the script onto the terminal. It went well, then the rest of the commands. Ended up with apache failed to start. I probably messed up somewhere. Will try to redo this step on a vanilla b3 build later.
Gordon wrote:If you still get redirected to /admin even with that path being redefined to an error page, then you are hitting the default page as defined by Excito. The most likely cause for this is that your catch-all page is linked under sites-available by a name that is alphanumerically sorted after "bubba". The way apache handles these definitions this means that your catch-all page will be ignored because the bubba definition already serves as a catch-all. There can be only one.
I have my virtualhost in "000-sites" inside sites-enabled. That should be loaded before bubba. If I use absolute path it will bring up my defined virtualhost directory, if not it doesnt seek up defined index file but get redirected to admin page. Being a novice as I am I don't know what else to do.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

That seems to be a miscommunication of some sort...

The reordering of the web definition as proposed by that howto is that if you access the LAN IP address (by any name!) then you will see the regular bubba page. To see the default page that you created yourself, you need to access the WAN IP address with a name that does not match a named host you defined (essentially its raw IP address or the generic hex_ip.yourISP.com - anything that points to you but is not supposed to display a valid html page).
mintz

Post by mintz »

Gordon wrote:That seems to be a miscommunication of some sort...

The reordering of the web definition as proposed by that howto is that if you access the LAN IP address (by any name!) then you will see the regular bubba page. To see the default page that you created yourself, you need to access the WAN IP address with a name that does not match a named host you defined (essentially its raw IP address or the generic hex_ip.yourISP.com - anything that points to you but is not supposed to display a valid html page).
Yes. This was so stupid I should smack myself twice. I never tried my WAN address...
It works exactly as intended now. Thanks for the helps, guy ;)
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Careful! You could hurt yourself with al that smacking :mrgreen:

You did good by giving sufficient information for me to catch on what was actually happening. I'll add a note to the howto about this.