New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

How to rotate pictures in album an B2?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
geolac

How to rotate pictures in album an B2?

Post by geolac »

Some time ago I have ordered a bubba2. After some initial problems I have upgraded it recently to version2 and now it runs!

But how can I rotate pictures, which I add to the albums? If pictures are in landscape they are shown correctly, but if the are portrait, then they are rotated by 90 degrees.

If I open such pictures in Gimp or Gwenview, they are portrait.
What is to do?
beweb

Re: How to rotate pictures in album an B2?

Post by beweb »

Looks like the album doesn't use the EXIF rotation information of the images, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeab ... ile_format.
Think you have to adjust them in the right position before you upload them,

Don't know if the B3 which I own has the same album software (think so) and if it's home brew or an excisting packet,
I like the basics of the album but I miss some basis features, like above and rescaling the size of the picture to the actual screen properties of the computer. (now it's always 800x533).

If someone hasany tips here then they are are welcome.
geolac

Post by geolac »

Your tip led me the right way.
My camera appearantly does not store the full information in the exif-section of jpeg-files. My standard-viewer Gwenview shows the pictures in correct orientation even when the exif-infos are'nt correct.

My solution is to open the pictures in GIMP, which asks to rotate the picture or not.
If I rotate it and save it, the picture is really portrait.
An if I add it to my album, then it works fine.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Yes, the autorotate thingy in the exif information has been on debate before. We have decided not to do it since there are a lot of applications that doesn't update the exif autorotate property correctly after rotating. So, it is impossible for us to rely on the exif information.

To back this up - windows 7 picture viewer doesn't autorotate either, for the same reasons. The google picasa does (did?), but have gotten some beating for it: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/P ... db6d&hl=en

That said, a setting to turn this on or off would of course be nice. This is on our todo-list for the future.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)