New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Can't see b3 @ Sony TV

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
_deleted

Can't see b3 @ Sony TV

Post by _deleted »

Hello

I bought a b3 with WLAN, setup was very easy and I was very happy at first.

But my Sony KLN 46NX700 with the newest firmware can't see my B3.

What can I do? I need to stream DLNA to my tv, otherwise the b3 is pointless for me.

I connected my laptop + tv to internet via b3, WLAN + RJ45, both works. I can see my TV and my B3 at the laptops network.

B3 software version: 2.3.2
DLNA is activated @ B3 configuration.

Please help I'm very frustrated.

best regards,
a beginner
fmvaz

Can't see b3 @ Sony TV

Post by fmvaz »

Might be the same problem I had:
http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?t=2551#p12064
Good luck,
F.
Gordon

Re: Can't see b3 @ Sony TV

Post by Gordon »

I don't have a DLNA capable TV, so there's no way for me to verify this, but translated from a MiniDLNA on Ubuntu howto the config should look as follows on a B3 with WiFi (comments removed).

Code: Select all

port=8200
network_interface=br0
media_dir=A,/home/storage/music
media_dir=V,/home/storage/video
media_dir=P,/home/storage/pictures
friendly_name=Excito B3 DLNA Server
album_art_names=Cover.jpg/cover.jpg/AlbumArtSmall.jpg/albumartsmall.jpg/AlbumArt.jpg/albumart.jpg/Album.jpg/album.jpg/Folder.jpg/folder.jpg/Thumb.jpg/thumb.jpg
inotify=yes
enable_tivo=no
strict_dlna=no
presentation_url=http://excito.com
notify_interval=900
serial=12345678
model_number=1
As far as Sony is concerned there appear to be some issues with the types of media that are supported. Apparently it will only display images in JPeG format (I'm unsure whether it discriminates on file extension - JPEG, JPG, jpeg, jpg). Video will only play is the media is either Mpeg2 or H.264 encoded and in a TS container (so no mkv, divx, xvid, mp4). There's no mentioning of specific formats for audio and subtitles, but I'm sure there will be.
_deleted

Post by _deleted »

Thanks for your reply. Adding different file types to the storage did not solve my problem.

Could you please explain to me where to search the config file? I don't get it :(
rjakobsson

Post by rjakobsson »

Did you solve this _deleted?
Are you comfortable using the terminal?

You will need to SSH into the b3 and then customize your miniDNLA config file.
I had the same problem (not with your specific TV, but with DNLA overall) until yesterday when I read and learned from this site -> http://www.openstora.com/wiki/index.php ... _updating) .

However you should know that the files WILL NOT BE in the same place as they are in the above guide.
I had to manually edit the config file and add the path to the videos and pictures.
Then I stopped minidlna and rebuilt the database using a variation of the commands from the guide.

Let me know if you need a thorough tutorial. I'll be glad to make one.
_deleted

Post by _deleted »

Thank you for your reply. I'm not really comfortable but I think I can do it. :)

Your post and the linked description is new hope for me. Unfortunately I fail at the login with putty.

Login with my own created user works, but login as root is required to change the config file, if I try to, access is denied. I never knowingly changed the root password (I did not configure any passwords besides the admin pwd via webinterface).

Surfing the forum I've tried "excito", "admin", blank, with both "admin" and "root" user, none of which have worked. I connected by WLAN and LAN.

Can anyone tell me what root password could work?
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

The root password is usually shielded from logging in directly through SSH. You need to connect as a regular user first and then become root by issuing the 'su' command, at which point you'll be asked to supply the root password.
_deleted

Post by _deleted »

Thanks gordon, I succeeded. My TV can see b3.

The posted MiniDLNA-How-To is a big help.

I see the video formats are a real problem. Music and pictures work as expected.

Might update minidlna later, don't have the latest version.