New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 update kills fireplay

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
a1n

Re: B3 update kills fireplay [Solved]

Post by a1n »

Ok I figured it out. Minidlna was running, but this is a legacy implementation. I stopped and started forked-daapd. Now everything is fine. Cannot figure out why minidlna was running though.

Anyway I consider it solved.
/a1n
a1n

Re: B3 update kills fireplay [Solved]

Post by a1n »

Hi, I solved it. Somehow minidlna was running on my B3 with software version 2.6. I don't now why, I have had this problem for some time. So I fixed it, stopped minidlna with /etc/init.d/minidlna stop and started forked-daapd (which was not running) with /etc/init.d/forked-daapd start. That solved all of the problems as described by gonk in this thread.

Here is request to forum members from the Excito company: can you please update the User Manual for the B3 (as found on http://download.excito.net/web/B3/B3-UM-eng.pdf) to reflect that minidlna is no longer used in updated software versions as well the reference to the B3:3689 server interface that no longer exists.
/a1n
vladi

Re: B3 update kills fireplay

Post by vladi »

@ a1n

You helped me solve the Fireplay problem I was having after 2.6 upgrade

Thank you