New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

[solved] bubba-networkmanager: Server timed out, terminating

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Nrde

[solved] bubba-networkmanager: Server timed out, terminating

Post by Nrde »

Hi,

suddenly my B3 stopped connecting my network to the internets, it has been "flaky" some time already, but I though it was my ISP and the cable connection. Since couple of days ago even the normal reboot modem, every switch and B3 didn't bring it back. I can however use my old wlan router to connect to internet so it's not my ISP or cablemodem.

Also if I only connect WAN to cablemodem and then connect to the wlan with my laptop I can get to internet. As soon as I connect rest of my network from switch to b3's lan port I loose wlan internet connection also. eth1 does not seem to have IP address but eth0 does.

Here is the last lines of my system log (not much, just that networkmanager seems to be not running/terminating for some reason), I have sent the full log (after reboot) to support at excito. If you have an idea what is wrong or need more info please let me know.

Mar 1 18:03:23 b3 bubba-networkmanager: Server timed out, terminating
Mar 1 18:03:23 b3 bubba-networkmanager: Daemon terminating
Mar 1 18:03:23 b3 bubba-networkmanager: Shutting down
Mar 1 18:04:48 b3 bubba-networkmanager: Starting up
Mar 1 18:05:48 b3 bubba-networkmanager: Server timed out, terminating
Mar 1 18:05:48 b3 bubba-networkmanager: Daemon terminating
Mar 1 18:05:48 b3 bubba-networkmanager: Shutting down

EDIT: the log is "normal" and the probable reason for bubba dropping out is another server machine sending something out. Not sure if it's worth investigating more.