New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Raid Mirror Time

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
grndvl1

Raid Mirror Time

Post by grndvl1 »

How long does it take to create a new RAID for the first time out of the box with a Bubba Storage? Its been 3 hours now and I still can't ping the B3...
nobody

Re: Raid Mirror Time

Post by nobody »

creating the raid is generally an independent process that should not interfere with the network. So I believe your problem with inaccessibility is not related to the RAID construction.
grndvl1

Post by grndvl1 »

I had access before on the B3 then I went and used the web pages to create the RAID as it was instructed on them.
grndvl1

Post by grndvl1 »

Okay left it overnight and still didn't reboot on its own so I took a chance and rebooted by hitting the reset button. I can now connect and bring up the webpages. Looks like RAID got setup properly. Only issue I have is the Users page shows this error.

Code: Select all

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Message: parse_ini_file(/home/admin/.bubbacfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Filename: controllers/users.php

Line Number: 347
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Message: parse_ini_file(/home/admin/.bubbacfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Filename: helpers/simplei18n_helper.php
Line Number: 65
johannes

Post by johannes »

Looks like RAID failed anyways, since it cannot find a file (in /home) it's depending on. If you check you probably cannot read or write to /home/userX etc.

I don't know what failed but for some reason RAID was interrupted. I suggest you re-install and try again. Don't forget to update to the latest release (2.4.1.1) before starting RAID creation, since we have had some issues with older software.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
grndvl1

Post by grndvl1 »

Yeah not going to try the RAID thing again...since it wasted a whole day of effort. Even had issues with the re-install but now its stable and I'll just run backups instead. I'll also keep an image of the OS handy too just in case. Only reason I wanted a RAID was effortless/instant backup but I can run periodic backups.
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

RAID shouldn't be relied on as a backup anyway. It protects you from drive failure but not from things like accidental deletes or corrupted files.