New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Remove RAID system

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
dumbo

Remove RAID system

Post by dumbo »

How do I do if I want to remove my RAID system? I have format my external eSata disk. But under "RAID" the status still is "RAID system is corrupt".

I don't want to use RAID anymore, I shall use a other backup solution.
nobody

Re: Remove RAID system

Post by nobody »

Easiest really is to remove one drive from the raid With mdadm or mounting home directly to the sda. But realy theres about zillion howtos on the web that describe this. I dont really feel like doing your google searches for you :D
johannes

Re: Remove RAID system

Post by johannes »

There is unfortunately no way to do this from the web UI. However, it really is not damaging anything to leave it like you have it now, with RAID enabled, but degraded since the disk is missing. It is just as secure (/insecure) as having just one single disk.

The only simple way to restore your unit to non-raid is a complete re-install. On the command line it is probably possible but difficult, if you know your way around the linux shell you can most likely google the solution.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)