New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

forked-daapd problems with mp3 tags

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
ttanel

forked-daapd problems with mp3 tags

Post by ttanel »

Hello,

Upgraded my B2 to 2.4 recently. I'm generally very happy with the upgrade, only one problem bothers me. It looks like forked-daapd has problems extracting idv tags from quite a lot of songs in my library. I remember that the same songs were processed fine by mt-daapd in version 2.3 software. The same songs are also picked up by squeezeserver without any problems. The songs in question appear as "unknown genre" "unknown artist" "unknown album" in Fireplay interface.

From my quick tests it looks like the songs which are not properly processed do not have ID3v1 tags, only ID3v2 tags.

Has anyone noticed the same?

Regards,

ttanel
DanielM

Re: forked-daapd problems with mp3 tags

Post by DanielM »

Not that this is an answer to your specific question, but when I upgraded my B3 from version 2.3 to 2.4 (which means shifting over from mt-daapd to forked-daapd) suddenly many of my id3 tags didn't work any more. Turned out that forked-daapd doesn't handle utf8 in tags, so I had to convert all m tags to iso-8859-1 instead. I wouldn't be surprised if someone also told me it doesn't handle v1 tags...

/Daniel
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Also, I have seen problems in the past with programs reading tags that were edited by iTunes so it may be worthwhile seeing if editing tags in something like Media Monkey produces better results.
ttanel

Post by ttanel »

I just tested that copying contents from idv2 tags to idv1 did make the files identifiable for forked-daapd, but It's more like a workaround, not a solution.

If Excito is willing to look into it then I can share some example files.

Regards,

ttanel
ther

Post by ther »

I corrected all my id3-tags using beets which is a python-project that collects and corrects track/album data using musicbrainz.org. It is a cmd-line tool but very easy to use, I highly recommend it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2