New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B2 upgrade puck up

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
rdaneel

B2 upgrade puck up

Post by rdaneel »

Hi,

i tried to upgrade my B2 to 2.4.1 so i put in the USB stick with the fileImage and then while pressing the power button i stick in the power plug and the light goes blinking. but then in a clumsy move i pull out the powerplug again...(aiiiiks).
Since then:
- Bubba won't start, putting in the powerplug only results in a constant burning LED.
- upgrade procedure doesn't work anymore (however long i keep the power button pressed it burns constantly and never starts blinking);
- i can't turn off Bubba, not with the power button anyways. Only thing to do is pull the power cord i know this is bad but there is no other option.

please what can i do to fix this? tnx

Rdg
johannes

Re: B2 upgrade puck up

Post by johannes »

Hi!

Constant lit led is bad news, it means it is bricked and needs some serious love. However this should not happen with just an accidental power removal, so we'll of course cover this. If you contact support they'll help you on how to send it in, and we'll fix it for you.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
rdaneel

Post by rdaneel »

Hi Johannes,

i tried to get in contact with Excito support but i guess they are on an extended holiday because its a week now and have'nt heard from them. Could you tell me how to send my bubba in?
And since support is a bit overworked(?) are you sure i'll get it back?

tnx
RDG
rdaneel

Post by rdaneel »

Ahhh they contacted me today. sending it off this week.

rdg
macke

Post by macke »

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday! When upgrading to 2.4.1 the LED never started blink in 4Hz so I pulled the power cord (as described in the instructions) and now all I get is a solid light directly when powering on the B2... :( It is bricked for sure. I hope this will be taken care of as well because all I did was following Excito's upgrade instructions.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Of course, already saw your email, will take care of it asap!
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
rdaneel

Post by rdaneel »

I have to say that i send in my bubba2 and it was immediatly fixed, no questions, no bill just fixed promptly...
Chapeau (means: way to go) excito.

Ralph