New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Is your B3 with v2.5 available via myownb3.com?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
johannes

Re: Is your B3 with v2.5 available via myownb3.com?

Post by johannes »

it detects it through a new DHCP lease if I remember correctly.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

RandomUsername wrote:How does it decide if the WAN IP address has changed?
Remember this nice folder from the firewall rewrite issue?
root@b3:~# ls /etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/
bubba-easyfind debug fallback firewall_rewrite ntp rfc3442-classless-routes samba
root@b3:~#
It does not correspond the current assigned IP address on eth0 BTW. When the update script is started, the IP is retrieved by calling on excito's easyfind webpage; being behind another NAT device would therefore not be an issue. What would be an issue is if this request was being proxied, e.g. through TOR.
gonk

Post by gonk »

johannes wrote:Ok, this thread reports two issues:

1) easyfind doesn't update despite changed new IP on WAN (which is connected directly to internet, no router inbetween). Reported by gonk and RandomUsername.

This we cannot reproduce, just tested and it does update for us. Please confirm that you don't have any NAT routers inbetween internet and your B3, either built-in to your modem, or if your ISP has you on a NAT:ed network. I.e. that you have a true public IP on your B3's WAN port.
Please refer to my email to your support mailbox support@excito.com sent 2012-06-04 22:22 and 2012-06-12 21:00 for further details.

I do not have any modem and my IP address is not in the private IP address ranges as you can see from my oribinal post 2012-06-12 12:55 and the follow-up post made 2012-06-12 20:58 in this thread.

I will help you to the best of my extended knowledge but then I need you to answer my e-mail and pay attention to the information already provided plus that you ask relevant questions. Otherwise I cannot help you...
johannes

Post by johannes »

gonk wrote: I do not have any modem and my IP address is not in the private IP address ranges as you can see from my oribinal post 2012-06-12 12:55 and the follow-up post made 2012-06-12 20:58 in this thread.

I will help you to the best of my extended knowledge but then I need you to answer my e-mail and pay attention to the information already provided plus that you ask relevant questions. Otherwise I cannot help you...
You are right, I see that now, sorry for not reading your post thorougly. To confirm this is an easyfind issue, can you please go to admin -> settings -> identity and turn off easyfind, and then turn it back on (using the same name)? Wait five minutes and confirm that it is working then (this forces an IP update in the easyfind DNS).
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
gonk

Post by gonk »

johannes wrote:You are right, I see that now, sorry for not reading your post thorougly. To confirm this is an easyfind issue, can you please go to admin -> settings -> identity and turn off easyfind, and then turn it back on (using the same name)? Wait five minutes and confirm that it is working then (this forces an IP update in the easyfind DNS).
This is what I did:
1) disabled easyfind
2) enabled easyfind
3) entered my easyfind name (which you'll find in the support email box, ask Fisnik.

I got the following error
Easyfind misslyckades med följande fel: Namnet är inte tillgängligt.
Servern svarade:Selected name (dummy_name_blablabla.myownb3.com) not available
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

gonk wrote:Easyfind misslyckades med följande fel: Namnet är inte tillgängligt.
Servern svarade:Selected name (dummy_name_blablabla.myownb3.com) not available
Be it that my Swedish is somewhat rusty, that is a big hint to what might be going on.

The easyfind service uses two parameters to uniquely identify your device:
- A value named "KEY" that is passed as a kernel load parameter
- The mac address of eth0

Apparently there is something wrong with either one (or both) of these parameters, causing the easyfind service to consider you trying to hijack someone else's name.
gonk

Post by gonk »

I went to visit Excito at their Malmö office on June 1st where they replaced the faulty motehrboard in my brand new B3 bought earlier the same week.

That surelly changed the MAC-address for my B3 but your answer is frankly the first piece of information or explanation I've seen.