New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Remove files from /home/storage/downloads

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
dumbo

Remove files from /home/storage/downloads

Post by dumbo »

I'm not able to remove any files from the directory /home/storage/downloads. I'm log on as 'admin', but I get no access.

Is it possible to logon as 'storage' or how do I remove this files?
Binkem

Re: Remove files from /home/storage/downloads

Post by Binkem »

As far as I know, /home/storage/downloads is not as a folder part of the normal B3 install. Did you create this folder yourself? or is it part of an installed package?
dumbo

Post by dumbo »

It's possible I have created this folder. But although I have created this it should be possible to remove it as 'admin'?
MaverikCH

Post by MaverikCH »

what do the access privileges over the file manager on bubba website say about the folder?
Location of File Manager and Acess Privilegs
Location of File Manager and Acess Privilegs
ScreenShot025.jpg (71.79 KiB) Viewed 12924 times
dumbo

Post by dumbo »

Everyone should be able to read and write.
downloads.jpg
downloads.jpg (45.71 KiB) Viewed 12908 times
nobody

Post by nobody »

you are confusing windows permissions with unix permissions.
'admin' is just another user, with no elevated privileges when it comes to file management.
You need to be the user that created the files, or go the the shell and become root.
ryz

Post by ryz »

It is the permission on the /home/storage folder that decides who has rights to create and remove the folder /home/storage/downloads. The permission on the /home/storage/download folder only tells who can create files and folder inside the download folder.
nobody

Post by nobody »

He wants to remove files INSIDE hom/storage/downloads, not the folder itself. For what he intends, looking at the permissions for /home/storage/downloads is the correct mode of action. Please read the OP more carefully.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

nobody wrote:He wants to remove files INSIDE hom/storage/downloads, not the folder itself. For what he intends, looking at the permissions for /home/storage/downloads is the correct mode of action. Please read the OP more carefully.
Well, yes and no. Since the default box does not have ACL active on /home and subfolders, the permissions on individual files do not necessarily have to follow those of the folder that they are in. While files that are written through Samba can be forcibly assigned a particular username, groupname and umask, any other portal or service can assign a non-Samba enabled username, a groupname that no Samba user belongs to and a umask that effectively either prohibits users to access the file completely or make it read-only.

So perhaps a feature request to allow admin user to grab ownership and reset rights on files? I'm actually stumped to find that admin is not also the Samba admin user.