New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Unable to upgrade B2 from 2.0.2

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
essence

Unable to upgrade B2 from 2.0.2

Post by essence »

While software upgrades on my B3 always have been smooth my B2 is stuck on version 2.0.2.
I have tried to upgrade using web-if from time to time since 2.4.x was available but the upgrade
gets stuck on 40%. No system modifications done (except maybe installing HDD TEMP some years ago - my memory is not quite clear)
So, how can I upgrade the B2 to latest software release?

Tip is appreciated...

BR
RandomUsername

Re: Unable to upgrade B2 from 2.0.2

Post by RandomUsername »

You can only upgrade to 2.4 by doing a fresh install. You can modify the installer so you don't lose your /home partition an you should be able to backup the system settings from the web interface and restore them again.
essence

Post by essence »

Thanks RandomUsername!

Before I proceed with a fresh install according to your proposal I have one related question:

In the previously mentioned process to renew my very old B2 I cloned the 1TB drive to a fresh 2TB (with Clonezilla).
This was successful except for one point, the B2 is only acknowledging 1TB. :(
(I suppose this is due to my failure to properly expand one of the partitions to the expanded rest of the drive - It is sadly but surely +15 years since I know what I was doing with a Unix machine. :oops: )

So please confirm that a fresh install will detect the full 2TB of the new disk...
... or do I need to take any special care according to your wisdom to accomplish that?

Thank again!
BR,
essence

Post by essence »

Further one complimentary question; Where do I find the image for the USB memory to run fresh
install from?

(I noticed that the installer for 2.4-RC1 does not detect 2TB disks so I suppose there should be an alternative? 2.5?)

BR,
johannes

Post by johannes »

The release notes for the re-install release:

http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3758
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)