New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba|2 brought to B3 platform not visible in network

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
r.schreurs

Bubba|2 brought to B3 platform not visible in network

Post by r.schreurs »

I am trying to get my Bubba|2 up and running again, after upgrading it to the B3 platform. Installation appears to have worked fine, but Bubba is not seen in the network. What can I do to solve this? Its blue LED is steadily on and the network LED's blink when a cable is plugged in.

I followed the instructions in the reply on B2 op 2.0.5 reports up to date. Specifically the re-installation manual, steps for B2 and with "FORMAT = 0" and "PARTITION = 0". Everything went smoothly, only needing a second attempt at step 8. The LED was flashing as described during the relevant steps.

I have always used Bubba as a server, connected to a Linksys WRT 54G. The Linksys is in router mode, receives its WAN IP throught DHCP, has DHCP enabled for clients and is connected on the WAN-side to a Zyxel 2000 ADSL modem. So, this is Scenario 6 in BUBBA|TWO Users Manual - Network setup options. This didn't work any more. I couldn't open http://bubba/ any more and couldn't find an entry in the Linksys's list of active clients for the Bubba. All other clients connected to the Linksys can access internet in this configuration.

I have tried Scenario's 1 (from Bubba LAN, with a plain network cable, not a cross-link cable) and 4 as well, without success. I did switch off the DHCP-server in the Linksys then. I have modified Scenario 4 by connecting the Bubba to the Linksys's WAN port, as seems logical to me, making the Bubba the gateway for the Linksys. The Linksys doesn't receive an IP-adress from the Bubba through DHCP.

I have tried these scenario's once more, with Bubba switched off when reconnecting in a different scenario, without success.

So, this is the network setup in Scenario 6:

internet
ADSL modem
LAN: 192.168.1.1
||
WAN: 192.168.1.2 (through DHCP)
Linksys router
LAN: 192.168.9.1
|| ||
|| ?.?.?.?
|| Bubba (not visible)
||
192.168.9.100 (through DHCP)
Pc (all fine)

I have been wondering if Scenario 6 will work out of the box, or do I have to get access to the Bubba's web-interface in another Scenario, to switch it to server-only mode first?
r.schreurs

Solved: Bubba|2 brought to B3 platform not visible in networ

Post by r.schreurs »

This morning, I decided to just to the re-installation once more and after that, Bubba has popped up in the network. :D