New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B2 2.5.0.2 no shell access and AFP read only

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
tom.nijns

B2 2.5.0.2 no shell access and AFP read only

Post by tom.nijns »

Hi,

I have a B2 with 2.5.0.2. When I connect the public share in mountain lion, it mounts readonly. When I connect it with SMB on my linux, I can read & write.
I tried to connect with ssh to look for solution, but there is now way of allowing shell login for any of my users with the webinterface on my bubba, so I can't connect with the terminal either.
Any help appreciated!
RandomUsername

Re: B2 2.5.0.2 no shell access and AFP read only

Post by RandomUsername »

What is it you actually need help with? You want to mount the public share as read/write over AFP. Is that it?

Not sure what you mean about not being able to give users shell access. It's right there in the web interface under "users".
tom.nijns

Post by tom.nijns »

Yes, I want to mount the public share on my mac by clicking on it without filling in any credentials. That's what worked with the older version. Never had to give a username or password.
If I connect using on of my users, it works, but that's not what I want.

In the webinterface I can edit my users, but the only thing I can change is the password, the real name, the language and remote access to the interface. I don't see a checkbox that allows shell access.
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

I think that's because you're looking at the admin account, it's not possible to enable shell access for that account in the web interface. A normal account looks like this:
image.jpg
image.jpg (80.88 KiB) Viewed 7209 times
tom.nijns

Post by tom.nijns »

Thank you, I created a spare user and now I can login with ssh.

Now I just need a solution to get AFP working again on my mac without credentials.