New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba Backup not working...

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Clive

Bubba Backup not working...

Post by Clive »

Arrrgg !!!

I have been trying all weekend to get the PHP Bubba backup function in the UI working but with no luck.
I have a USB stick in the back of my B3 which mounts OK, but when I try to create a new backup job in the Web Interface, it is never created. If I try to create a new job with the same name, it tells me a job with the same name already exists....

All I am trying to do is create a backup job which backs up my email onto a USB stick on a daily basis but each time I attempt to create such a job, I go through the procedure of specifying the directory, destination device, frequency... All goes OK but the job is never created.

Any ideas ?
Clive

Re: Bubba Backup not working...

Post by Clive »

...OH, and as soon I I write that I decide to look into the /var/log/backup directory, delete everything beneath it and "voila!" the web interface is displaying all the jobs I have attempted to create.

The backup of my email directories is running fine now...

Although as up until now, all my actions had been from the B3 web admin interface, I should not have had to resort to cmdline to fix this problem....
johannes

Re: Bubba Backup not working...

Post by johannes »

Glad it works but it sounds strange, and if you have enough details I'd like to post a bug report on this (like b2/b3, software version, what happened before your issues (did it ever work?) etc.. If you feel you have any energy left we'd really appreciate this in an email to support@excito.com.

Thanks in advance.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)