New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Thermal transfer tape

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
philgaskin

Thermal transfer tape

Post by philgaskin »

As my B3's hard disk has failed and I have another one on order, I am wondering whether to risk transferring the existing thermal transfer tape or purchasing some new tape.
My existing tape seems in good condition although not sure how sticky it will be once I peel it off the existing disk.
this led me to look on-line where I realised it isn't freely available. Most stuff is double sided adhesive whereas it appears the existing is single sided.
Can anyone advise on the specification and somewhere I could purchase from? Maybe Excito could offer it in its store?
I have found this (which is double sided) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THERMAL-TAPE- ... 3ccbf293b3 but don't know how easy it would slip in to or out of the enclosure with adhesive on both sides

Any thoughts or advice welcomed

Phil.
RandomUsername

Re: Thermal transfer tape

Post by RandomUsername »

I think the stuff on at least one of my bubba servers is double side just without the one side peeled off.
philgaskin

Thermal transfer tape

Post by philgaskin »

Thanks Randomusername. I did think that but wasn't sure if the backing strip would impact the heat transfer
I'll try swapping the existing tape when my disk arrives and see if it sticks
johannes

Re: Thermal transfer tape

Post by johannes »

Yes, the tape is easy to remove from the disk since the adhesive is very weak. It's hard to find this stuff in other places (custom order from 3M), but if you need more just drop us an email and we can send you a couple.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)