New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

how to restore a backup?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
zander

how to restore a backup?

Post by zander »

hi,

i am new to backups. i have a backup disk that has the directories on it that i wanted to backup however there is nothing in the directories. when i setup the backup i specified a password to encrypt them.

i used the web gui to create the backups.

shouldn't i at least see some kind of file in the directories in the backup locations?

please advise.
~alonzo...
86ivar

Re: how to restore a backup?

Post by 86ivar »

Got the same problem with my b2, it does not copy files or it makes some strange "difftar" .tar files. Last time my backup was working, it copied the files directly. No zip etc.
Do you got b2 or b3? I think i will do a reinstall. But would be nice to know if the drifttar files are normal or not, so I dont reinstall for nothing.
86ivar

Post by 86ivar »

I reinstalled my unit and now backup is working. You will have to use the web interface to restore the backup under timeline you can restore the backups (saved as difftar files). I guess if my bubba gets totally toasted i will have to use somekind of program to restore the backup files.
jesperw

Post by jesperw »

All backups ended up on my system volume, so I am awaiting next software update until I start playing with Bubbas built in backup.
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice.