New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Minidlna files don´t update

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
cal

Minidlna files don´t update

Post by cal »

Hi,

When I access via minidlna (Ipad app) I can´t see new files uploaded to B3. All folders show, and all "older" files, but when I look in the the folders with the most recently uploaded files it says empty. Yesterday I tried the lines below but files still won´t show. Any tips how to solve this?

/etc/init.d/minidlna stop
rm /var/lib/minidlna/files.db
/etc/init.d/minidlna start

BR
Cal
Cheeseboy

Re: Minidlna files don´t update

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi Cal,

What does /var/log/minidlna.log tell you?

Cheers,

CheeeseBoy
cal

Post by cal »

Get permission denied when typing /var/log/minidlna.log

BR
Cal
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Get permission denied when typing /var/log/minidlna.log
Sorry, I could have phrased that better. I meant look in this log file for any errors.
You can do it with cat, nano, vi or whatever editor you prefer.
You can even look at it in the web interface when logged in as Administrator under Setttings -> Logs.
cal

Post by cal »

Thanks!

last posts in the log:

[2013/05/08 19:29:38] upnphttp.c:1300: error: send(res_buf): Broken pipe
[2013/05/09 10:58:02] upnpevents.c:363: warn: upnp_event_send: send(): Connection refused

earlier it seemed I didnt´t have the directories music, pictures, music. I fixed this somehow and all folders/directories and files appeared, but when I added some new files they don´t show (folder empty).

I also got:

[2013/05/07 23:13:18] inotify.c:195: warn: WARNING: Inotify max_user_watches [8192] is low or close to the number of used watches [1974] and I do not have permission to increase this limit. Please do so manually by writing a higher value into /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches.
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Well, my /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches is set to 1048576 (god knows why I've set it to that, but I doubt it was for minidlna). I very much doubt that's the problem you are facing though. It is just a warning, you can probably ignore that one (as it says it still has many thousands left (8194-1974=6220).

What does your /etc/minidlna.conf look like? (Please use the Code brackets if you are going to paste it in here).

Regarding the log file, we only have two entries to go on - more than an hour apart. Was this when you tried to access it? What happened before?

I suggest you do exactly what you already did before (you did it as root, I hope?), but with one addition:
Kill the server, rename/delete the database, restart the server so it will force a complete rescan, but this time make a note of the time you restarted it, then examine the logs from that point of time onwards. Has it complained about not getting access to your folders/files? Has it even finished rescanning your stuff when you try to access it? It will say when it's finished scanning each category:

Code: Select all

Scanning /home/storage/video finished (6967 files)!
The scan can take a very long time...

Have you tried another client? Like from a recent (UPnP enabled) Windows PC or Mac?
HnLn

Post by HnLn »

Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Ha!
Proves me wrong.
That's probably why I've changed my setting, and then forgot about it...