New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Manual for the new backup feature?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
r.schreurs

Manual for the new backup feature?

Post by r.schreurs »

Hello,

I just upgraded my Bubba 2 (which in on B3 platform) to version 2.6.

I noticed that there is a new Backup feature, but it may have been there for a while already.

The options are very limited, so I wondered if the settings could be tweaked somehow. For instance, I would like to back-up all of my storage, except for a large part of my music.

I can't find any documentation on this. The Bubba manual only recommends backing up, but doesn't tell how to do it.

Or should I just use one of the other options, described in the wiki, like Backup data from Bubba to external drive using Rsync, if I want to have more control?

Thanks,

Roel
gonk

Re: Manual for the new backup feature?

Post by gonk »

I agree and feel that it is all too quiet from Excito on the conserns raised about the 2.6 "features".
johannes

Post by johannes »

Sorry for the quetness, what is it you are after? Documentation on the implementation? This should not be in the manual, but on this forum; have a look at the config files in /etc/bubba/remote_backup_jobs.yml and /remote_accounts.yml.

Is this what you were asking for?
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
gonk

Post by gonk »

We are referring to the manual that is still in revision 1.2
http://b3/manual/index.php?lang=en

The manual (pages 29 and 107-113) still covers the old backup system, not the new one.

johannes

Post by johannes »

Ah, oops, and thanks. We'll fix, however it will take some time since now is vacation times. Will be back.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)