New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

[SOLVED] Mail server behind b3 blocked

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
rojter

[SOLVED] Mail server behind b3 blocked

Post by rojter »

Hi!

My problem is that I can't send/receive mail with the hMailServer I have on my Windows desktop.

Acquired the b3 a couple of days ago and have it configured as a Router + Firewall + Server. I should add that it worked fine before adding the b3 into the equation.

I opened the firewall port 25 and also disabling the 'Send and receive', 'IMAP', and 'Email retrievel' services, thinking it would work. But it didn't.

Trying to send a mail to it a second later respond said:
"Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept e-mail from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery.
The following organization rejected your message: mx1.mydomain.topleveldomain."

Anyone here with a deeper understanding of what in the b3 might be preventing the mail transfer?
Last edited by rojter on 28 Jul 2013, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
RandomUsername

Re: Mail server behind b3 blocked

Post by RandomUsername »

When you say you've "opened port 25" it sounds like you opened it to the b3. Is that correct? If so, you need to set it to forward port 25 to the IP address of your mail server (bottom half if firewall configuration page).
rojter

Re: Mail server behind b3 blocked

Post by rojter »

RandomUsername wrote:When you say you've "opened port 25" it sounds like you opened it to the b3. Is that correct? If so, you need to set it to forward port 25 to the IP address of your mail server (bottom half if firewall configuration page).
Yes that is correct I had opened the port but not forwarded it. Now I did and it works. Sometimes you don't see the forest for all the trees. Thank you for your pointing it out to me.